My Twins with Pusher Cross Air

mstreak1

Cummins Nut
SpoolAid.jpg

Here's my twin set up with a 3.5 Mega Pusher Cross Air. I went with a 62/71/14 billet wheel over a S480. At the same time I did a balanced short block with a main girdle, coated pistons, and a Hamilton 188/220 cam and valve train. I ported and polished the head and added the Pusher Cross Air. Don't have many miles on it yet, but so far I love the set up. I'm running 200 horse SAC injectors and my EGT's are very controlable. Boost hits 70lbs with no problem. The Cross Air fit perfectly and works great. I waited along time for Pusher to get the Cross Air ready and got one of their first ones and I have to say it was worth the wait. I think this is going to be an awesome set up for me. My truck is a daily driver and I don't pull with it, just like to have fun and put those rice grinders in their place every chance I get. :rockwoot:

It spools very fast, I'm at 25 pounds before I get to 1/4 throttle. I'm still playing with it, but I love it so far.

The Mega Cross Air is a Pusher intake that has a boost tube that runs from the intake to the freeze plug on the number 6 cylinder to help over come the restrictive passage on the stock head. It attaches right where the freeze plug fits in.

yes, the difference can be felt!

not so much with the P&P, compount turbos & aftermarket cam

The Mega Cross Air is a Pusher intake that has a boost tube that runs from the intake to the freeze plug on the number 6 cylinder to help over come the restrictive passage on the stock head. It attaches right where the freeze plug fits in.

Doesn't it also have a tube that runs to the freeze plug by #1 cylinder??

On the vp trucks the boost tube only goes to number 6 on everything else it runs to 1 and 6. The apps is in the way on a vp truck.

I'll post up some more pics this weekend.

On the vp trucks the boost tube only goes to number 6 on everything else it runs to 1 and 6. The apps is in the way on a vp truck.

I'll post up some more pics this weekend.

Gotcha. I didn't know that. I've only looked at the setup for 3rd gen trucks. The early 3rd gens also got the APPS if I recall correctly.

Any proof this works other then a butt dyno? I run individual egt probs on a 12v head and they were all very close on temps (stock intake shelf). If there was a real need for this i think it would have shown up on the data logger. My opion just some dumb sales gimick

Any proof this works other then a butt dyno? I run individual egt probs on a 12v head and they were all very close on temps (stock intake shelf). If there was a real need for this i think it would have shown up on the data logger. My opion just some dumb sales gimick

I can't speak for the setup (which I think is a gimmick also), but the 24v is a bit more restricted on cylinders 1 and 6 than the 12v.

I can't speak for the setup (which I think is a gimmick also), but the 24v is a bit more restricted on cylinders 1 and 6 than the 12v.

Really? Im sure you have but ever put a Ppump on a 24v? Its a ton closer then a 12v

Fail. That's all I can say. Looks dumb and boost leak heaven

So I suppose compound turbos are dumb for the same reason? And triple turbos must be the height of stupidity!! Intercoolers?! Ha, who needs that humongous potential boost leak?