n20 to lite a big charger

Lostnwalmart

Ok so i have been playing with this already but want some advise on how to make it better. I have a hx60w single on my truck right now (76/85 24cm housing) off a isx signature 600 engine. I set up simple arming switch and momentary toggle to control the nitrous i have found a .067 jet works well in gettin the monster to light and once it is lit i stop with the giggle juice. how can i make this more user friendly and engine friendly, i need to hook up a drive pressure gauge but that isnt my biggest concern with the big exhaust turbine and wastegate. What im thinking is a wot switch and a hobbs switch, the hobbs switch will be uses to turn it off at about 40psi boost. what do you guys think?

Are you at WOT when spooling the turbo? Maybe a switch that activates the nitrous just off of idle rather than full throttle. The hobbs switch to turn the nitrous off is a good idea.

Are you at WOT when spooling the turbo? Maybe a switch that activates the nitrous just off of idle rather than full throttle. The hobbs switch to turn the nitrous off is a good idea.

if you've got a gang of fuel and don't have everything dialed in right, I would say just put the nitrous on a push button in your right hand... you can just tap the turbos to life :cool:

How much power can you make with a Hx60 on 359cubes? I know some larger cube applications make 1300 on Hx60's.

A button is the best way to go fo sho.....Too many variables in spooling....Temp of the engine, ambient air temp,converter,altitude. All of these things make changes that a switch cant adapt to. Get a button & pracitce useing it, there is a skill there.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDmKr8slxmk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDmKr8slxmk[/ame]

That about sums it up!

A button is the best way to go fo sho.....Too many variables in spooling....Temp of the engine, ambient air temp,converter,altitude. All of these things make changes that a switch cant adapt to. Get a button & pracitce useing it, there is a skill there.

right now i have a momentary toggle which is more or less the same and if that way will be the best to make it spool then ill just keep practicing thanks guys should have some track times this friday

and big blue there is nothing wrong with some atmosphere in a bottle :shake:

Last edited:
right now i have a momentary toggle which is more or less the same and if that way will be the best to make it spool then ill just keep practicing thanks guys should have some track times this friday

Hey, I'd be all for nitrous if i could afford it. At 3-4 bucks per pound and 5-10 passes each time I go to the drag strip, I'd probably burn up $100 worth of nitrous with just a small single stage kit. Do that 6 times and you could have more "free" atmosphere in the form of a turbo. For occasional use at the track/dyno with a mostly street driven vehicle, nitrous would be great. Lets you keep the turbo setup reasonable for good throttle response and still have a killer top-end with the button.

I'm not saying that I'll never play with it, just not right now with my current financial means.

What works best for me is a real quick micro switch. I tried a rubber coated push button switch at one time & it was too cumbersom & you could easily hit it with too much if you were not careful.