NADM's Aug. 9th race

NOPI is the rice rocket drag racing circuit. They were independent then NHRA kinda took over the operation but due to politics and what not they cancelled the rest of the season. NHRA said it was due to "gas prices" But I don't buy it.

You all have to understand that this sport is still in it's infancy, you guys see it when you attend the shows, you see with the crowds, you see in the payouts and you see with the press coverage. It's all small potatoes. It's very localized and small. The general public still doesn't recognize it.

All this BS that has been floating around the past year doesn't make things better. It doesn't help in its development. Put the egos and greedy agendas aside. Become ambassadors of the sport. The sooner you all do this, the sooner the general public takes notice and becomes interested. Then you will start getting the bigger payouts, the bigger events and the bigger sponsors on board.

But whatever, you can take this however you want. It's just how I see it as a 31 year old guy from Canada :D

Otherwise you can kiss it all goodbye in 2 years. You saw what happened to NOPI right?

I'm gonna try to be at the Rock race..........What?? What happened to NOPI??????

EDIT^ didn't see that there was a second pager....oops..

considering bill is such a drag racer and so involved in the sport...how many races you been to in the last 2 years bill? 2, maybe 3... i know your list of excuses is a hell of a lot longer than your attendance record.

NOPI stood for Number One Parts Inc. back in the day. They had part stores around Atlanta and specialized in imports before they started doing shows. I'm not sure if they have any more stores now to be honest, but I know NOPI grew bigger than Number One Parts.

Mike and I did their series in 2003 with the dyno.

They are however still having the Nationals here in Atlanta this year. Usually about 200,000 people there. It's a zoo.

I agree with Dennis and David. We need to get "SPECTATORS" at these event's. I have listened to the belly aching way too long. Put aside your differences, bring your friend's, and bring someone that has never been to a diesel race. Both association's mentioned are top notch people looking out for the racer for the most part. We need people to watch us, get interested, and then build and race their own truck's. OK, I'm stepping off my soapbox. Gary

considering bill is such a drag racer and so involved in the sport...how many races you been to in the last 2 years bill? 2, maybe 3... i know your list of excuses is a hell of a lot longer than your attendance record.

I thought you had a rib removed, shouldn't you be enjoying a sig-er-itzs, :hehe:

Hey guys,

Knowing Bill, and knowing his posting style, I think he was having some fun with his comment. I don't think Bill intended for his statement to be against NADM and it's not how I read it.

Just my two cents...

One week away and counting... should be a laid back fun time for everyone.

Your right-on, Dunbar !!!!!! I do support the NADM, I believe in their business acumen, David and group are the most experienced staff in Diesel motorsport promotion, I would like to see them expand w/ a series of races up in to the Pacific Northwest (2009?)

Your right-on, Dunbar !!!!!! I do support the NADM, I believe in their business acumen, David and group are the most experienced staff in Diesel motorsport promotion, I would like to see them expand w/ a series of races up in to the Pacific Northwest (2009?)

You kill me Bill :hehe: "Acumen" :hehe:

And just for you Bill,

I have tried my best in life to avoid becoming a disingenuous person. :Cheer:

NOPI is the rice rocket drag racing circuit. They were independent then NHRA kinda took over the operation but due to politics and what not they cancelled the rest of the season. NHRA said it was due to "gas prices" But I don't buy it.

You all have to understand that this sport is still in it's infancy, you guys see it when you attend the shows, you see with the crowds, you see in the payouts and you see with the press coverage. It's all small potatoes. It's very localized and small. The general public still doesn't recognize it.

All this BS that has been floating around the past year doesn't make things better. It doesn't help in its development. Put the egos and greedy agendas aside. Become ambassadors of the sport. The sooner you all do this, the sooner the general public takes notice and becomes interested. Then you will start getting the bigger payouts, the bigger events and the bigger sponsors on board.

But whatever, you can take this however you want. It's just how I see it as a 31 year old guy from Canada :D

Thanks for your input Dennis, you are correct!

Guys, for those that don't know NOPI declared Bankrupcy a few days ago - so i was told by a reliable source!

We left and started NADM so we wouldnt have to deal with picking a fight with every association - we want everyone to get along - that's the only way this sport is going to grow. We want NHRDA to suceed along with us! I have encouraged diesel enthusiasts to attend August Blackout and among other events that are not NADM!

Dennis is right about the fans, when we or anyone gets 10,000 seats in the stand at one show then we can all get excited! That is what the big sponsors look for - Im asked all the time about how many people are in the stands?

Will it happen soon - I hope so, but only if we stick together and play nicely!

Even though SEMA declared diesel a $1.3 billion dollar industry last year it still is very small nationwide and has tons of room to grow!

Can we all hug now - lol!

See you at the events:rockwoot:

RK