NC Machine Shop

diesel_ram_man

Anybody know of a reputable machine shop in NC? Need to get a 12V head cut for orings. All the local shops either won't do it or i have lost faith in them based on other peoples work. There has to be somebody reputable near. I'm down around Wilmington. Willing to go within a few hours. Would rather not ship it.

Closest one I know is Carolina Auto Machine in charlotte. They get all my head work. I know its not near you

Closest one I know is Carolina Auto Machine in charlotte. They get all my head work. I know its not near you

Thats not terribly far, i'd be willing to go a good ways for someone reputable. Would love to find something in the Raleigh area or so.

Have you tried calling up diesel addiction in Wilmington? I don't think they have a machine shop, but they may be able to point you in the right direction.
Personally, I got all of my machine work done at Stroud Engine Rebuilding in Kinston. But that is closer to Raleigh.

(Edit: they hadn't done o rings on a 6bt in a while, just gassers, so I didn't get them to do it.)

Last edited:
Fortunately Carolina auto can do it. I had to purchase the tooling for them to cut fire rings in order for them to do my head. I will be giving crutchfield machine a try on my next head. Carolina auto did about 4-5 oring heads for me in the past.

Might try calling Sam Smith at Carolina Diesel (864) 885-9060 He is in South Carolina, but you might see who he uses?