Need a Clutch

dieselfueled18

Well found out that standards arent made to do burnouts and in the process in burnt my clutch pretty good. Now i'm researching a new performace clutch and would like to know what clutch would be good for a stock truck that will be going to be around 500 to 600 HP. I've looked into Spec, South Bend and Valair, and it seems that the prices go in that order also. Is there really much of a difference between the 3 brands? Money is pretty tight right now so i'm leaning away from a double disk.

i talked to mark at pdr and he helped me with my set up. they have one on their website thats just shy of $800 that meets your criteria. it's rated for 550hp.

i would suggest getiing a SBC dual disk if you plan on doing burnouts. it will hold up to the abuse alot better than a single disk. plus it will last much longer, so you will get the best return out of your investment. SBC's customer service and customer interaction is second to none.

Valair has a sprung hub dual disc out for the g56 if you want a quiet clutch. We just put a 3600 dd in a buds truck that shifted as fast as the stocker. Call Dan at Valair he'll help you decide.

Call Dan at Valair, deffinately the best guy around to do business with. Great clutches without a huge price tag.

Peter at SBC and Dan at Valair are both Site Sponsors here and can get you setup with a clutch to hold whatever your power goals are.

SOUTHBEND CLUTCH IS THE WAY TO GO! i got a 3850DD and it hold everything i put to it. Peter is an awesome guy and their customer service it the BEST! If something ever goes wrong Peter will get you straightened out. Dont waste your money on a single disk if your going to be putting down that much horse. Spend the money once and get a DD!

Call Peter at Sbc. He will help you decide what is best for you situation!!

I have ran both Valair and SBC. The SBC is by far the best!! You get what you PAY for!!!

Valair has a sprung hub dual disc out for the g56 if you want a quiet clutch. We just put a 3600 dd in a buds truck that shifted as fast as the stocker. Call Dan at Valair he'll help you decide.

when did they start making spring hub , 2month ago iput in a rigid an i asked for a spring hub but it was not even avilable

Southbend or Valair are both great choices, stay away from the spec.

I love my Valair smooth engaging and if I dont do third gear clutch dumps it holds just fine.

call dan to clarify but i was up there a few weeks ago and they were installing the beta tester the next day. this was a g 56 dual disc.