Need a Clutch

VALAIR all the way we have them in over 20 trucks alone right here in our county and all great!

valair, sbc, powerparts, and a kenny's are all the same. Same pressure plates, same button material and same flywheel except that sbc had there name put in theirs. Each guy might suggest alittle different setup but they all warranty and stand behind theirs. I have had all of them including haisley,and enterprise. The only one i didnt like was haisleys stret puller but they have changed them up alittle since i had one. My brother runs a 3850 12cb sbc and i run a powerparts 4000 sintered iron and like both equal and are both great clutches with the powerparts being alittle cheaper. The valair is the nodular iron flywheel and is deff. good performer and cheap for a occasional puller.

PETER HAS THE BEST SERVICE$.02

Compared to who? Peter has been good to me also but im not sure why i see this quoted all the time "SBC service is second to none" First of all it should
be. We paid good money for these bad boys. It is not like he is going above and beyond., he is doing what he SHOULD be doing for his buiseness. Terry, Dan, Van and Kenny all do the same because it is what they should do to back thier products. I have broken pp fingers, had engaugment problems, and they all sent new pieces out right away or did the labor and shipping for free to fix the problem. What more do people expect? Im not knockin anybody, but i have dealt with all of them and they all do what they can to help out. I do have my favorite but just giving all of them a fair deal.

Compared to who? Peter has been good to me also but im not sure why i see this quoted all the time "SBC service is second to none" First of all it should
be. We paid good money for these bad boys. It is not like he is going above and beyond., he is doing what he SHOULD be doing for his buiseness. Terry, Dan, Van and Kenny all do the same because it is what they should do to back thier products. I have broken pp fingers, had engaugment problems, and they all sent new pieces out right away or did the labor and shipping for free to fix the problem. What more do people expect? Im not knockin anybody, but i have dealt with all of them and they all do what they can to help out. I do have my favorite but just giving all of them a fair deal.
Well said Tim!:clap::clap:

Every time you post I hope we can have a debate. But turns out I usually agree with you:hehe:

Well said Tim!:clap::clap:

Every time you post I hope we can have a debate. But turns out I usually agree with you:hehe:

Maybe im just getting soft or wiser? Na cant be!:bang

I really just try to be honest and relate my actual dealing with things. I mean i bought my first diesel truck when i was 15 and im 29 now. I have never even owned a gas truck so i am very passionate about what we all do and enjoy. I have been wrong before. Not very often but, maybe once or twice.:hehe: I really try to help people out as much as i can even though i have let my sarcstic sense of homor get the better of me at times.

DIsplacedtexan, can you tell me what is wrong with my afc here.

Attachments

• 24v ppump 001.jpg
    24v ppump 001.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 20
I have only had to deal EEP and SBC on clutches and I really like my IG. Call one day and was here the next. Had to wait 2 weeks for my EEP to be built and when the disc broke the truck was down for almost a week waiting on parts.

I agree with you. These guys should stand their products. I had 3500 in my EEP Clutch( when it was new and rebiult once).

Thats a honest experiance between two companies and is understandable why you feel the way you do. Thats what people on here need to read so they can make informed decisions.

My worst clutch happend to be one from Kenny smith (Kennyspullingparts and machine) Which by the way makes the flywheels and floaters for valair and powerparts. He was good to deal with and tried to take care of me on it but it didnt take care of all the downtime and hassle in r&r it all the time.

You should do your homework a little better, we do offer SFI approved billet flywheels as well as nodular, kenny does makes some flywheels for us, usually short run, and we use 2 other US manufacturers as well,
as far as we all use the same pressure plates and buttons i dunno about that one, maybe the better choice of word's would have been the same type, we use Wellamn Buttons i heard the competition uses Miba. Most of our parts are custome made so i dont see how they could all be the same. Unless the same person was making them for everyone, that's just not the case.

Last edited:
You should do your homework a little better, we do offer SFI approved billet flywheels as well as nodular, kenny does makes some flywheels for us, usually short run, and we use 2 other US manufacturers as well,
as far as we all use the same pressure plates and buttons i dunno about that one, maybe the better choice of word's would have been the same type, we use Wellamn Buttons i heard the competition uses Miba. Most of our parts are custome made so i dont see how they could all be the same. Unless the same person was making them for everyone, that's just not the case.

Do my homework alittle better? I have. You just misunderstood what i was saying or i said it wrong. I know you have both sfi and nodular. Your nodular flywheel that is like sfi is awesome. I think better than powerparts version on a stock flywheel. Yes sbc and powerparts use miba buttons. My Kenney's clutch used another brand (wellman?) and it didnt hook up very good at all but it could have been due to some other setup issues he had. As far as you useing other, how am i supposed to know that. I have talked to kenny and ha said he was machining some flywheels for you guys.

All i was saying is that if you lay your 3850 12cb sfi next to a unpainted sbc, powerparts and kenny's they are all the same. Finger style pp, lugged floater, same flywheel same looking buttons. Sorry if If i said something wrong.

By no means am I trying to bash you guys (Valair) or anything along those lines,
BUT,
I am just wondering if what I read on another forum is true about how Valair uses overseas material from China?
I would just like to know the truth, so when people start spouting their mouths off, I can tell them the facts.

Thanks

What is custom made in these clutches? What is the difference between the button materia? I heard miba is more expensive. Tell the consumer the differences.

This post was for educational purposes only.

facts are that we do use some oversea's components, bearings and some pressure plates made from a TS16949 supplier to our specifications, for a clutch supplier to say that they use 100% USA parts would be difficult, most bearings are not made in the usa, nor our alignment tools the truth is that all of our disc components are made by Ace Racing out of sullivan mo. we use a local shop to do our floater plates out of A572 grade 50,We have flywheels maunfactured by Ace, Kennys and Standard flywheel out of CA, We exclusivley use Wellman buttons out of OH.

What is custom made in these clutches? What is the difference between the button materia? I heard miba is more expensive. Tell the consumer the differences.

This post was for educational purposes only.

we also are set up with miba, from my experience the Miba button is much harder and seem's to weld up, the only dual disc i had weld up last year was with the Miba button. also the miba button is made in austria and the wellman in the USA. Wellman is OE with Eaton.

Do my homework alittle better? I have. You just misunderstood what i was saying or i said it wrong. I know you have both sfi and nodular. Your nodular flywheel that is like sfi is awesome. I think better than powerparts version on a stock flywheel. Yes sbc and powerparts use miba buttons. My Kenney's clutch used another brand (wellman?) and it didnt hook up very good at all but it could have been due to some other setup issues he had. As far as you useing other, how am i supposed to know that. I have talked to kenny and ha said he was machining some flywheels for you guys.

All i was saying is that if you lay your 3850 12cb sfi next to a unpainted sbc, powerparts and kenny's they are all the same. Finger style pp, lugged floater, same flywheel same looking buttons. Sorry if If i said something wrong.

nah, were good, i just wanted to clear up the air some, i also sell parts 2 Kennys and PPE, i am friends with both Kenny and Terry. we are friendly competitors and help each other out when we can.

nah, were good, i just wanted to clear up the air some, i also sell parts 2 Kennys and PPE, i am friends with both Kenny and Terry. we are friendly competitors and help each other out when we can.

I meant know disrespect. I was just saying that when people say this clutch is the best, is it because you ran both or is it the only one you have ran so it must be the best. They are similar in design. Hows that? I might type different then what im thinking in my head.:bang:bang Tim

Honestly the clutch is only as good as the driver, sh!t happens, i think all the names mentioned build good clutches, but we all have our own way of doing things, that and customer service is what sets them apart. and i dont feel direspected in anyway, you were just repeating what you heard.

Spend the money on a dual disk!

You won't be disapointed. The best advice I can give is to drive every clutch you can before you make the decision. Get a feel for what you like and don't like, and then make your decision from there.

I also recommend you just plan on spending the extra money for the upgraded hydraulics when you get the new clutch. I ran my stockers for about 35-40k miles.. And then, in the middle of downtown Seattle with a trailer behind me, they puked. It couldn't have possibly been worse timing.. I would have paid anything in the world for them at that very moment. Just get them done now, so you don't have to worry about it later!

Maybe im just getting soft or wiser? Na cant be!:bang

DIsplacedtexan, can you tell me what is wrong with my afc here.

Looks great to me! That's just smart to put that dust cover over the opening while you mod and tune it:hehe:

facts are that we do use some oversea's components, bearings and some pressure plates made from a TS16949 supplier to our specifications, for a clutch supplier to say that they use 100% USA parts would be difficult, most bearings are not made in the usa, nor our alignment tools the truth is that all of our disc components are made by Ace Racing out of sullivan mo. we use a local shop to do our floater plates out of A572 grade 50,We have flywheels maunfactured by Ace, Kennys and Standard flywheel out of CA, We exclusivley use Wellman buttons out of OH.

Thanks for the info and honesty!:thankyou2:

Back