Need a little more, airflow?

Limited

Slow N' Quiet
1999 24v standard cab 4x4 auto, with a full billet DTT/ATS TC, D80, Aurora 4000, Mach 6's, ADR/Pulse, studs/o-rings, 4inch.

Runs consistent 12.76 @ 105. Looking for a little more, low 12's or better. Still running the stock airbox, stock intercooler, stock intake horn.

Does anyone actually have any proof, either drag times or dyno slips, to prove that swaping out the airbox, or intercooler, or intake horn, or all the above, would actually add any power?

I know in theory, but I want proof before I spend a combined $2k or so in parts, I'd be pissed off it ET didn't improve. Oh EGT's are fine right now also so thats not really a concern.

Otherwise what do you suppose is the next step to improve times, staying with a single 2.6? Cam, nitrous, headwork?

Thanks

forget air boxes , and air horns , that just bling that sells .
you need a cam and cylinder head work, you will lose 20% boost 200 degrees EGT and faster spool up , and the engine will last a lot longer

I'd at least run a better flowing air filter but otherwise leave the rest of the stuff stock and throw a cam and possibly a ported head on.

forget air boxes , and air horns , that just bling that sells .
you need a cam and cylinder head work, you will lose 20% boost 200 degrees EGT and faster spool up , and the engine will last a lot longer

Yeah you really need that stuff...

Dude I ran a 12.30 with an adrenaline, mach 6++, and a 64/71/14. That was it, no nitrous, cam , head work, nothing. I did have a built trans but so do you. Also this was the first day out after the auto swap, first day! It was running consistent low twelves all day, even though I was playing with stuff. This was all on the standard 2000 series tunes from Quad.

Oh, and I had a single five inch inlet AFE filter if you were wondering. Don't know if it helped, but the truck ran like a mofo all day long. Hope this helps ya on your quest.

Your basicly running the same basis setup then, slightly bigger sticks and turbo, the A4000 is only 63/70/14, or maybe 13 not sure. I was hoping to gain a little more with easy stuff because the head isn't coming back off anytime soon. The easiest way to gain more power from here is probably upgrade the Mach6's to 7's and hit it with some spray...

High 11's would be awesome but thats gonna take a lot more work to get there I think.

Oh and truck ran 12.86 with the stock paper filter, sucking the filter minder all the way in on each pass. Changed it out to a K-N in the stock box and went 12.85 IIRC, not sucking in the FM anymore. Then changed the tuning and went 12.76.

This all with a SO pump, on 33-12.5-16 all terrains, if that matters.

Have you tried running no filter? How much boost are you seeing with the A4000? And finally, when do you hit the lock-up switch? What are your 60' times.

A4000 hits 55 psi or more boost, Lockup in late second gear. I have not tried running no filter because thats stupid.

Have to look up exact 60ft times but around 1.80 I believe.

Any other thoughts on this? The track will be open soon. Truck is at full weight also, tailgate, spare tire and all.