need a radio for an 04

so I still don't have schidt for music. went thru 4 diff harnesses and manuf tech depts. til it came to the conclusion the factory amp will not work with an aftermarket head unit.
so I by passed it. what a mf pita....it all finally works...except the door speakers. the shop I been buying stuff from is a good joint so they have been returning parts as I find they cannot be used.
they also tried to hook up the front door spkrs and have o idea why they wont work so I told em just put it together I hafta drive it home
goddang dodge uses the pcm to turn the amp off/on and if it doesn't have a 2v output then the headset wont turn on the amp

for fks sake...Chrysler I swear

so I still don't have schidt for music. went thru 4 diff harnesses and manuf tech depts. til it came to the conclusion the factory amp will not work with an aftermarket head unit.
so I by passed it. what a mf pita....it all finally works...except the door speakers. the shop I been buying stuff from is a good joint so they have been returning parts as I find they cannot be used.
they also tried to hook up the front door spkrs and have o idea why they wont work so I told em just put it together I hafta drive it home
goddang dodge uses the pcm to turn the amp off/on and if it doesn't have a 2v output then the headset wont turn on the amp

for fks sake...Chrysler I swear

Disconnect the speaker amplifier, cut the wires and use them to fish a dedicated line from the head unit to the speaker and use the head units amp to power them

that's what we ended up doing cuz that whole infinity system is a clusterf. did it at the output plug for the amp. but the door speakers still wont work...

soon enough ill gut the whole thing and just have a amp under the front seat and 4 good speakers in the door....

I really wanted to avoid all that but I can see its the only way really for this truck

that's what we ended up doing cuz that whole infinity system is a clusterf. did it at the output plug for the amp. but the door speakers still wont work...

soon enough ill gut the whole thing and just have a amp under the front seat and 4 good speakers in the door....

I really wanted to avoid all that but I can see its the only way really for this truck

Just a FYI, if your Infiniti speakers still work and it was just a bad head unit, sell them! I got 150.00 for my second gen Infiniti speakers at a local stereo shop

Pull your door panel off. Run a speaker wire set from the deck to the speaker directly and test your speakers. I did this on the rear driver's side door. I couldn't get the speaker to come on. I found that one of the wires in the door opening boot had apparently work hardened and broke. Run new wires. That OEM stuff is wack. :D

yessir ive sen on the ram forum broken wires is typical....this weekend im gonna get it sorted out

Back