Need a transmission cross member

bwdt

engineer
I am putting an Allison in my 2000 truck and cut mine up, got everything bolted in only to find out that the front drive shaft is gong to hit the cross member when the suspension drops:doh: I'm installing a 271 with the transmission, this sucker is big......

I went to a junk yard this morning and the guy wanted 170 for one (what an idiot). If I can find one here at a decent price I'll slide it back and drill some new mounting holes in the frame, if not I'll build one from scratch.

Let me know if you have one available, I'm in San Diego.

A big thanks

I wouldn't even hesitate, and just build one. Moving the factory one will require drilling 4 holes on the inner part of the frame and also 4 larger holes on the outer part to get to the nuts. Not to mention the way the frame is at an angle right where the mount sits.

I put the one I cut up in place and it will have to slide back about three inches. there is a flat section on the frame that stick out that I will drill into and I was going to tack weld a washer onto the cross member for it to fit, also the access hole on the frame is all I need to put the bolts on. I only have to drill six holes as I will use two of them. If not I will build one out of two by two heavy wall square tubing with a hoop for the front drive shaft and a plate for the tranny mount. Just seems like a lot of welding compared to drilling six holes