need advice

Browning_270

I have a question about my dads duramax..Its an 05 4x4 crew cab long bed and he has a superchip programmer. Im not sure which one it is but i think its worth about 100 hp. His buddy has one of the new tundra trucks and wants to run my dad..I was just curious how this would turn out? Is that superchip gonna be enough to outrun the tundra or is he gonna need more? I dont know much about duramaxes' so any input would be great!

Also if he wont be able to outrun him, he will get whatever it takes to do so regardless of $... He is new to the diesel sceene and asked me what I thought so I told him I would ask the Dmax guys. Thanx!

well the new tundras are pushn 350 hp plus supposedly but i think your super chip would do it. but if you want more power anyways id go with ppe. i love ppe's tunes and reguardless ul smokem with ppe. unless somthin happens.

well the new tundras are pushn 350 hp plus supposedly but i think your super chip would do it. but if you want more power anyways id go with ppe. i love ppe's tunes and reguardless ul smokem with ppe. unless somthin happens.

.....and destroy the stock transmission as well...

I think it will take it, but it may be close the Tundra probably weighs less than the dmax, so the power to weight ratio is in the Tundras favor.

yea the tundra is by far lighter! But thanx for the info, im just gonna give her hell and see what happens

unless you have tierod sleeves and launch in 4x4 around 1600-1800 your prob not going to take him!

damn...if he bought EFI live or something other than the superchip would that work? Or is it just gonna tear up the tie rods?

efi, tie rod sleeves, built tranny...the list goes on and on and on.....

First i would do tranny , Tie rod sleeve, Lift pump, Efi live and say bye bye to tundras. See you later corvette's

If you just want to take the Tundra. Tie Rod Sleeves, Spring clamps and boosted 4x4 launch around 1800-2000rpm should be able to get it done. I launch @ 2600-2700 with a built trans/conv. If you want to play with bigger dawgs, it's going to be a min. $5K...

How big of a chore is it to put on the tie rod sleeves??

Pretty simple. I didn't even take my wheels/tires off. Just crank them one way or the other, unscrew the stock rod end (1 side at a time), screw the new rod end on, do the same on the other side, set the toe and go launch that *****.

yea, just mark where they are set with a hacksaw and set it bac to that; or count the turns when you take the rod end off.