Need Advise on buying a 1-ton Dodge

Reddevil4G

Im in the market for a 1-ton Dodge and I would like to know the best and least problematic years of the cummins. Im a harley mechanic and new to diesels. Any help at all would be appreciated. I will be traveling and towing often and would like to haul ass every now and then, maybe a track day at some point.

Doesnt matter to me

I would prefer a stick but im not picky, I just want the best running, easiest to modify dually.

i would go with a 96 to early 98 12valve with a 5spd, or if you want something newer 05 to early 07 with a 6spd 5.9

I agree with Casey, 96-early 98 5spd. My dad had a 96 5spd 600hp tow rig and it was a beast. Hes got a 95 5spd now prob in the 425hp+ area and that thing pulls like an animal. Egts are well in check, smoke is low, he pulled my truck on a trailer which is around 10k lbs and had no trouble doing hills 55+mph. I just got a 2010 dually to pull my truck and tailer to the strip so will see how she does in a few months.

i would def stay with anything 5.9 not that i got a problem with the new truck just less stuff to change and remove lol but i just cant leave anything stock