Need alittle help/advise needed.

yamt03

I am lookin to get my wife's 5.9 a module and I need some suggestions. I have been looking at alot but for the most part most come with digital gauges built in,but I already have gauges so I don't need anymore. I have been looking at the X Power from BD Power and the TS Performance's MP-8 and one from Quadzilla and of course Smarty,but we want one that is shift on the fly and not anything too big(bully dog) I don't think I will stack it since it's for the wife so I am lookin for a good one and if later we decide then we will stack it then but for now I'm not worried about it. I am kinda leaning towards the BD. Since this is our first dodge this is all new to me so any help is appreciated before I go computer blind.:thankyou2:

Last edited:
I really like the Smarty..... I realize it is not change on the fly but it does have great features and is one heck of a unit. The MP-8 is a great unit but it is only a pressure box so it will not perform like many of the ther units out there. I have not personally used the BD or Quad unit so I can't give good input there.

Doug

yamt03 said:
I am lookin to get my wife's 5.9 a module and I need some suggestions. I have been looking at alot but for the most part most come with digital gauges built in,but I already have gauges so I don't need anymore. I have been looking at the X Power from BD Power and the TS Performance's MP-8 and one from Quadzilla and of course Smarty,but we want one that is shift on the fly and not anything too big(bully dog) I don't think I will stack it since it's for the wife so I am lookin for a good one and if later we decide then we will stack it then but for now I'm not worried about it. I am kinda leaning towards the BD. Since this is our first dodge this is all new to me so any help is appreciated before I go computer blind.:thankyou2:

Well, I love my setup and the On-The-Fly adjustability of the Outlook monitor along with the MP8 dial.(See signature)

I can drive smoke free and Major smoke and Power...........You don't have to download the Crazy Larry tune.....The 140 Extreme tune and the MP8 would still be a great set up!!

$.02

I would get the BD X-power Plus box. It is adjustable from stock to 180hp. It is a timing and duration box with 5 different levels. I have one and it put me over the 800hp mark on fuel in my 05.$.02