Need alittle help here please.

Green Monster

Ok the other day i noticed that when i switch the heat control from defrost to the vent or on the floor its not switching, also nowing that this is done with vacum i thought try 4 wheel drive so i tryed to get in fourwheel and nothing. So my question is what the hell is going on with my rig. oh the power breaks work fine im not sure where to begin checking for issues. thanks for the help to come.

truck specs.
1998 12 valve 4x4 5 speed. fully loaded minus leather.:thankyou2:

Well, I'm not sure but I think on a 98 you would have hydroboost brakes, so it makes sense they are still okay. As far as the other stuff goes, the first thing to check would be all the vacuum lines to be sure they're not cracked or disconnected. The vacuum pump itself should be okay. They're known to leak oil, but I don't believe they fail to function very often. Hope I helped.

Try checking at the pump with a gage . My 98 has hydroboost.

Ok i had a dumbass attack when i was typing this last night my truck as the hydro boost breaks which like youve said thats why they work fine. Also said that the vacum pump is known to leak oil. I had the front crank seal go bad and start leaking last spring so we replaced that it cleared up the oil leak but here in the last few months my leak is back the whole underside of my truck is coated in oil i thought it was the same seal or the gearcase seal but it seems to be more around where the vacum pump is. so could this be my oil leak and how do i fix that. also could it be the problem of my sudden loss of vacum. im going to check out the vacum lines and everything once it stops raining sence i dont have a garage big enough to get my truck inside.

If it is the pump they run about 300.00 you can get a rebuild kit for under 50.00
Rich

Ok i found my problem tonight after work i always fire my truck up and let it run for a few minutes before i leave well i was talking to a friend of mine and when my intake heater cycled and the motor changed tone i heard a hissing sound so we popped the hood and i started following the vacum line from the firewall on the passanger side i got to the drivers side by the afc housing and break master cylinder and found the rubber connector for the vacum line was cracked big time. held it back together with some electrical tape so the hissing stopped jumped in and the heat controls worked the 4x4 worked and the crusie worked on the way home. so now i need to find those couplers to do a proper repair. So if anyone knows of a place i can get them or silacone replacements would be nice to, please let me know. I wanted to say thankyou to all the guys that gave me ideas and help.:thankyou2: