Need an axle for an 01 dodge 2500 around MI

Cat_Rebel

TPB Mechanic
My buddy's dad needs an axle for his 01 2500, it can be a dana 70 or 80 open or limited. Main things it must have are disc brakes, 4.10 gears & be in good shape inside or were back to square 1.

I'm in Michigan east of flint, I'd like to find one in MI or Ohio or maybe Indiana. If anyone has one please let me know.

I might have one But it more than likely has 3.55s but if yours are good you can swap them. If not I can see if I can find some 4.10s.

I have one with 4.10s and disk breaks but it needs a ring and pinion

I have one with 4.10s and disk breaks but it needs a ring and pinion

That's the problem with this one, seems like all the ones with 4.10s are in use. All I've been able to come up with had 3.54s. :bang

i know where you can get one...a guys that lives by me wrecked his truck and is now parting it out.

Y dont they just fix it?

The guy that they were having do the work said he couldn't find parts for it. :what: So I said for the price of replacing everything in there & paying for R&P work might be better off with a new axle.

Update- My buddy did some checking & found a wreaked 02 that's local to him that only had 42k miles on it. The guy says it's good so my buddy is prob going to get it for about $1050. :bang

Now crunch time what would you do-

1-Take truck to better shop & get rear end rebuilt or replaced if all else fails

2-Bend over & spend $1050 on a good used axle :kick:

3-Check on the axle red_dodge has

i have got one from a 96 2500 4.10 posi, but drom brakes. $250.00 plus shipping.

The guy that they were having do the work said he couldn't find parts for it. :what: So I said for the price of replacing everything in there & paying for R&P work might be better off with a new axle.

Update- My buddy did some checking & found a wreaked 02 that's local to him that only had 42k miles on it. The guy says it's good so my buddy is prob going to get it for about $1050. :bang

Now crunch time what would you do-

1-Take truck to better shop & get rear end rebuilt or replaced if all else fails

2-Bend over & spend $1050 on a good used axle :kick:

3-Check on the axle red_dodge has

Thats funny that he said that he couldnt find parts. I have never had problems finding parts for mine.

Thats funny that he said that he couldnt find parts. I have never had problems finding parts for mine.

I found out later the guy was looking for used parts to cut down cost. The way I see it though sometimes that's a 50/50 deal when you get it what shape the stuff is in.