Need cooler air

jambbii

milk
I need some ideas here. Its real hot obviosly and my truck doesn't like it that much. Has anyone ever cooled down their intercoolers? I was thinking of making a spray bar for some water and maybe having a toggle switch or something like that rigged up.

Any ideas?

If you spray the intercooler, make sure to use DI water. Otherwise it will make a mess.
One of my buddies with a grand national did a water spray setup a while back on his intercooler. It wasnt a front mount unit though, so the benifits were greater.
I made one for mine termporarily out of a mister system. I just used a compressed tank with water and 6 nozzles. I noticed no difference in towing egts, nor a major difference in intake air temp at the hat (like 5* cooler, thats it).
--Jeff

jambbii,

Get a Snow water/meth injection system. 60-80 HP and 200 degree drop in temps.

Mark @ DPPI

PaCemkr86 said:
what intercooler ya using?

Stock for now.

Jeff thanks for the input! 5 Degress is not much at all. Not sure if it worth it.

Mark I was thinking about something like that. A little pricey for me at the moment. Does water/meth increase cylinder pressure?

I dont need anymore cylinder pressure I am sick of blowing things up :bang

What hairdryers you using in that home brewed twin setup that's not cooling things for you?

common1.jpg

??? have checked out one of these from

www.hellmannperformance.com