Need favor: Those with APPS% display.

Jory,

I have a spare in the garage.

I'd be glad to snail mail it to you. I don't need it. You can have it. It did cause issues with a periodic dead pedal, but the pump crapped out right after that happened. You could at least use it for testing purposes.

Ray

If some of you that can view your APPS% on an attitude or other device, can you do a short test for me? As you can see in the video, the APPS% will go from 0 to 98% if you move the pedal real slow. If you slam the pedal down, it hits a new number everytime. You can hear my foot stomp it and watch the display go to 81, then 59, then 62.

Is this normal? The "idle" readout below the APPS readout is the "idle switch" in the APPS. When it is "at idle" position, it shows a "1". Once the pedal moves off idle, it will show a 0 in case anyone wonders what the hell that is. :D

Feedback? Is this working correctly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNUDR_NQQL0

I checked mine and it goes 0-100%. Nothing like what yours is doing. I just did a APPS calibration. You could try that first, its easy enough to do.

I checked mine and it goes 0-100%. Nothing like what yours is doing. I just did a APPS calibration. You could try that first, its easy enough to do.

So it goes 0 to 100 everytime no matter how many times you slam it to the floor? Great. Mine is probably toast.

PM sent Ray. :thankyou2: I'll give that one a shot and see if it works better.

So it goes 0 to 100 everytime no matter how many times you slam it to the floor? Great. Mine is probably toast.

PM sent Ray. :thankyou2: I'll give that one a shot and see if it works better.

We'll see if this works. Let met me know if it doesn't I can't see it at work.

[ame="http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a384/bigd450/?action=view&current=VID-20120301-00001.mp4"]VID-20120301-00001.mp4 video by bigd450 - Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:
Wow. Mine must be all jacked up. Runs fine but I'm not normally over 50%. :D

Thanks for the video. Yours seems to be working great!

Again, I appreciate it.

Wow. Mine must be all jacked up. Runs fine but I'm not normally over 50%. :D

Thanks for the video. Yours seems to be working great!

Again, I appreciate it.

No problem. Have you tried calibrating it or resetting it? I would try that and see what happens.

The resetting is easy.

FAQ

Or calibrating it.

FAQ

I haven't tried the "reset" becuase I've always thought that was a tall tale. I have been told other wise by my elders lately. LOL You know who you are.

I did "calibrate" it when I put it in but haven't checked it since. I can't see the calibration as being relative in this situation. Whether the idle voltage or max voltage is correct or not, the SOB should go from the bottom range to the top range everytime to the same position...regardless of whether it is correct or not. It may not be accurate, but it should be precise.

I haven't tried the "reset" becuase I've always thought that was a tall tale. I have been told other wise by my elders lately. LOL You know who you are.

I did "calibrate" it when I put it in but haven't checked it since. I can't see the calibration as being relative in this situation. Whether the idle voltage or max voltage is correct or not, the SOB should go from the bottom range to the top range everytime to the same position...regardless of whether it is correct or not. It may not be accurate, but it should be precise.

Yeah, sounds like it is on its way out then. You can just change the pot but if you got another one line up that would be the easiest.

the eternal VP struggle... continues on

Yipper. But like I told the wife, fixin' this truck every other month is still way cheaper than a new one. :D Just glad I'm smart enough to work on it. If I was dumb, I'd be broke. :hehe:

Yipper. But like I told the wife, fixin' this truck every other month is still way cheaper than a new one. :D Just glad I'm smart enough to work on it. If I was dumb, I'd be broke. :hehe:

im broke...

Question about the calibration...what if the tag on the back can not be read??

Question about the calibration...what if the tag on the back can not be read??

Guess it between .50 and .56 I guess? I don't know. :(

Couple tests. It is getting worse. 'Bout to schidtt the bed on me.

Driving. 4th, 5th, and 6th gear log. You can see where it craps.

APPSDriving.jpg

Sitting in driveway with motor off. 0 to floor back and forth. Not good either. Guess I needs an APPS. Ray, is yours on the way my friend? :D Pweety please? LOL

APPS0-100.jpg

It would appear that it don't know comm'mer from sick'em at this point.

You need a footprint gas pedal, it will solve all of your problems, as long as it is grounded good....