Need help...manual on/off switch for fass pump

nrussell

I'm no wiring genious. Would someone school me on how to wire an on/off switch to my fass pump?
Thanks

does it have a fuse tap into the fuse box like my airdog does?

there should be a trigger wire for the relay. just put that to a switch. thats how i did my airdog on my ford.

Garrett

I believe so, its been about 4 years since it was installed. Dont remember for sure. But if it does, then what?

there should be a trigger wire for the relay. just put that to a switch. thats how i did my airdog on my ford.

Garrett
Not bein an ass, but can you explain in detail.....I get very confused with electrical tasks.

Just put a switch rated for the amps the pump draws inline on the power wire that goes to the batt. Or do the same thing but using a relay inline and run a simple toggle switch to the relay.

Just put a switch rated for the amps the pump draws inline on the power wire that goes to the batt. Or do the same thing but using a relay inline and run a simple toggle switch to the relay.
whats the difference between doing just a inline switch compared to a relay with a toggle/switch?

Relay allows u to run smaller gauge wire into the cab and use any type of switch u prefer. A simple switch is easier but larger gauge wire is needed and less options for switches rated for the amps. Personal preferance is kinda what it come down to.

Relay allows u to run smaller gauge wire into the cab and use any type of switch u prefer. A simple switch is easier but larger gauge wire is needed and less options for switches rated for the amps. Personal preferance is kinda what it come down to.

thanks red rattler, I will visit radio shack tomorrow. any ideas on how to wire this switch/relay combo?