need help? my truck won't start after new rebuild?

crtdodgeram

ok so a little history on my build I have a fully built engine and triple turbos, dual ats cp3 kit with t&c 60 over top pump, 6.7 rail with t&c adapter and dual feed line 5.9 prv. I replaced all feed and return lines with -8 stainless lines. on the feed line I y'd the lines running to the cp3's on the returns I ran the two pumps and the prv together and the return from the head has it's own line I ran a 90 degree swivel fitting to -6 line to a oneway check valve then to -8 line running to the tank. So we got everything done on the engine we turned it over with the injection harness not hooked to prime the motor and we plugged the injection harness in I cleared the codes I turned the key and it will turn over but won't start so what can I do to get it to start?. thanks

I would start by getting a scanner on it and see what the RP is while cranking, and also make sure you are getting supply pressure.

P0463 is high voltage from the fuel tank sending unit.
P0251 is an FCA circuit code.
SYMPTOM
P0251-CP3 PUMP REGULATOR CONTROL

WHEN MONITORED
When the ignition is on.

SET CONDITION
The ECM detects a discrepancy between the PWM supplied to the Electronic Fuel Control Actuator and the PWM returned from the Electronic Fuel Control Actuator.

POSSIBLE CAUSES

Intermittent condition
Fuel control actuator return circuit open from FCA to ECM
5-volt supply circuit open from FCA to ECM
5-volt supply circuit shorted to voltage
ECM

Last edited:
possibly. Unplug both fca's and see if it starts. Just be ready to shut it off immediately because RP will instantly max out.

Are you sure that you have fuel pressure at all? Is the air dog running? Crack a fitting at the pump and run the electric pump and see if you have fuel supplied. Codes are nice and all, but sometimes....

Basics first.

Verify lift pump is supplying pressure.

Verify RP while cranking

If there is no RP or very little RP while cranking, unplug both FCA's and crank (while monitoring RP) and see if it cranks. If it does. Shut it down PRONTO!

You will have a bad controller or problems with your controller.

If it still doesn't crank you will have a leak on the pressure side somewhere. Possibly the PRV, connector tubes or return on injectors.

Don't forget to check the rail sensor! That sensor will cause this scenerio as well.

Last edited:
ok we changed the pressure sensor to the 5.9 one from my 5.9 rail. we checked all the fuel lines all ok. we have good fuel pressure to the pumps?. We took off the 2 fca plugs still no start?. and on my rail pressure gauge it is reading 0?.

we got it running with the help of a couple shots of brake cleaner I did now that would work?. I learned something new to day. but when it started the rail pressure spiked to 30000psi at idle so I shut it down asap?. so I think the controller is screwed.

Verify you have 12v power going to the controler. If you do have 12v then you have a problem with the controller, controller's harness, or your engine wiring harness to the controller. Possibly ecm but I highly doubt it.

I had mine do the for a second after I installed my new pump. I reved it up and got all the air out of the system and its ran like a dream ever since.

What voltage was ur fca showing? How much was the ground for it showing

Also same thing on your rail pressure sensor

Last edited:
We got it running rail pressure is at 6500 to 7500 on my rail pressure gauge. Thanks to Todd at t&c diesel he helped me trouble shoot the problem. Thanks again for the help