need help picking a turbo

grueny

My buddy has and 05 and his turbo is shot. He needs something that will tow 10,000lbs and more and he does some sled pulling and drag racing. he has the ppe hot plus 2, air dog 150, full suncoast tranny, intake and exhaust. He was looking into the 4000 from ats. just though i would ask ur guys input. i don't like ats so was hoping to get him in another turbo.

does he want to stay VGT or not?

I would say look at a Fleece cheatah turbo. but if hes pullin 10k with that PPE very high twins would be a good idea, but then he needs to buy two and not one since the stocker is shot...

i would do twins for towing 10k. mpi makes a nice setup

did you read his post at all dbag? STOCK TURBO IS BLOWN i would assume he wants to go with a single....

OP, the 66mm HTT is a great towing charger and so is the 4088. The Cheetah's are decent but have had problems with failure more so than fixed geometry turbos and the price of the Cheetah is very high... the 4088 is smaller than the HTT and spools very fast. If towing is his primary concern and wants 550-575 the HTT or 4088 would be a great option for a great price.

yea what place would be a good company to purchase the the 66 htt from or the 4088.

71mm Cheetah from fleece would be my choice. I'd definitely stay with a VGT.

he was also looking at the bd turbo. he is trying to get something that will be very reliable and take him to the next step but not to the point were a couple of months later or after a pull he has to rebuild the motor since it is his daily driver.

he was also looking at the bd turbo. he is trying to get something that will be very reliable and take him to the next step but not to the point were a couple of months later or after a pull he has to rebuild the motor since it is his daily driver.

71mm Cheetah is a big charger i would def. stay away from that the BD is an S300 just like the HTT 66mm... if you want the S300 i would go with the HTT hands down... the BD S300's have been known to overspin the HTT's although possible is much more unlikely

i am running the bd and love mine. never had a problem yet with it and it screams.

Call Danville performance and they will build a turbo for your needs,or even a cheetah from fleece