Need help quickly

maxwedgehead

got an 06 cr that I just had the tranny built etc. got it back and noticed sometimes theres a noise and it comes and goes but really noticable in park or neutral but in drive or reverse it quiets down. i took the truck back today for the checkup after break in and he states he can watch the crank move back and forth about 20 thousandths.. truck only has 146k on it... now what?

If you lost a thrust bearing the flexplate will hit the block adapter.... Especially when you put it in gear! Ask me how I know....

Did you get a new flex plate with the tranny? What kind of noise is it making

No my tranny guy said I could put a flex plate in it and he could shin it down to ten thousandths. Kinda sounds like a bad pully bearing to thg extent

Yes it was loud! Max end play on the crank is .017 so your close... if the thrust bearing was gone it would move a lot more.

Did he checked the bolts that hold the converter to the flex plate, if they come loose It will give you an awful noise.

Last edited:
How loud is the noise? Some 3 disc convertors are kinda noisy

my TC bolts in my 1st gen came loose on me. in park and N, it sounded like i had a rod hammering. put it in gear, and it will go away. they were very loose. id check the TC bolts 1st and asap before you woller out the bolt holes on the flex plate, if that is the problem.

I think I may have found it, started here a air noise yesterday and found the bolt that holds number 4 line pulled the threads. So we will see!!