need help with hp

BlackCloudDodge

Call me Carmelo Hazard
i have a 1990 2wd 1st gen what all could i do to make it capable of having enough hp to compete with the 2.6 class?

To be competitive with a first gen you'll have to swap to a p7100.

With mine I can't really compete with any hope of winning in our 2.5 class. With that said it also depends upon how much the guys have in their trucks where you pull, around here there are two trucks that are so far out there they have to spray a can of either to them just to get them to fire.

What side of tn are you on?

You need 500 minimum to do anything here really

Im in macon county tn, but i feel like being diff it would be cool showing ppl around here a 2wd can do it atleast try to but how could i get it to make over 500hp?

Get out your wallet cause it won't be cheap.
Injectors
Turbo
Tranny
Fuel system
Head studs
Oring the head

Just to get started I am sure I overlooked some stuff. Good luck

its going to take a while to get it done because me an my older bro are saving some money from each paycheck we get to put into it..but this a project truck..but ill have to ask meacham how much some of the stuff would be

If you're on a budget I would try to get 350-400rwhp, call it good, and go out and have fun. You should be able to do that with some big injectors and a turbo upgrade and jumped timing. Anything from 450-650 on a VE pump usually takes a lot of work. (ported head, twins, 14mm, fuel system, etc.)

You can make good power for not much money, you need a P7100. This truck runs well for the money invested.

i want it to where i could do a few pulls around here an make a good pull but what kind of turbo should i use an what injecs?

If you're on a budget, I'd get a 4,000rpm gov spring, HX50 turbo, and 6x16 injectors.

If it were me for the cost of a good set of injectors you could have or be dang close to having a complete p pump motor, even it with free mods will get you more bang for your buck to be in the pulling world. Then you'd need some 4k springs and would still need a turbo but it would give you a better start. I kick myself all the time for sticking the money and time into my ve that I have instead of just throwing a ppump on it to start with.