need help with my airdog please..

Ltk

Broke
hey guys, i have an airdog 2 150 gph pump on my truck.

yesterday when driving my fuel pressure all of a sudden hit 0 and i continued to drive home because it wasnt acting funny. when i shut it off and turned key back to run position, the pump wont kick on. ive tried everything i can think of. i traced the ground and hot wires as good as i could without a test light. i made sure they had good clean connection. (dropped my test light on the walk from the building to the truck and broke it of course)

i couldnt test the relays, and dont even know where to begin and what to begin looking at because i did not hook this pump up. i dont know which relays or fuses or whatever the pump connects through, anything like that.

i am showing error codes P PCU, P0500, P0462, and P1693. all unrelated id assume.

can someone please explain to me how to figure out if that pump is burnt out or not. if it is i need it replaced like 3 hours ago. college is starting back, i cant get to work, im at a loss for ideas. anyone that can take the time to help me, i can pay you some money for the time

thanks guys,

Logan

Check the inline fuse, and the fuse that should be in the cab that is a little 5amp fuse for key on. More in likely its a burnt pump, I have gone though 3 pump motors on 2 different trucks. How old is the pump? Get the serial number off the pump and call airdog tomorrow and have them send you a new pump motor.

where is the inline fuse located at? sorry just not very educated at all on these pumps.

okay ill check those first thing in the morning when i have some daylight. i hope its not a burnt up pump, not sure if the previous owner filled out the warranty card or not..

are the pump motors hard to replace?

If you have it wire into the factory plug that your stock lift pump was hooked to you need to turn the key on and check the voltage at the relay. with the key on you should have 2 12v terminals. if you don't then the driver in the ecm is burnt and you need to find a new 12v key on source

If you have it wire into the factory plug that your stock lift pump was hooked to you need to turn the key on and check the voltage at the relay. with the key on you should have 2 12v terminals. if you don't then the driver in the ecm is burnt and you need to find a new 12v key on source

I had this problem recently. The plug going to the ECM wasn't triggering the pump to turn on so I hot wired it to a key on power source. To check this problem, just unplug this wire (near starter) and give it power and ground and see if pump kicks on. Good Luck, hope its not ECM problems.

well i found the problem..

the inline fuse was blown.

does this 100% mean the motor is on its way to the chitter?

Have you put a new fuse in there yet and ran it? Its hard to say if the motor is going to last 5mins or 5 years. I have had the motors just go out and then I have had the fuse blown and then the motor was bad right along with it.

Im having same problem, it continues to blow fuses. Called AD today, and apparently I had the wrong S#....so ill have to check it when rain stops

Airdog has bad records of the serial numbers.Mine was registered to someone named Brian. Check the grommet where the wires enter for diesel. If you see that, the seal is gone. They went to junk seals about 1 1/2 years ago. They claim the problem is fixed, but my replacement is already leaking after several months. Junk.

Ed

i replaced the fuse and drove for about an hour and a half. no problems as of yet. knock on wood..

AD isn't doing good on their systems right now, I know guys that are on their 4th & 5th pump!!! I know that they replace them under warranty but that sux because of down time, time in replacing them & not knowing where you going to be when it goes!!!