need help with shocks

brew

Anyone got some info on front shock for my 3.0 dodge. I have been looking for days and cant find a decent priced front shock set up. Im trying to find something with good valving for truck pulling. I also want to run a dual shock set up which i can fab the brackets myself. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be great. thanks

Last edited:
adjustable coil-over QA1 shocks? I believe Proformance Pros have some specificly valved for sled pulling but you mentioned cheap and I'm not sure they are. Same for the QA1s, they aren't exactly cheap either.

If you can find a shock that's adjustable on the rebound and compression, you could find tune it yourself. I don't know of any off the top of my head?

Good luck. let us know if/what you find that works!

Yeah, I know proformance pros has afco shocks valved for pulling but the difference between them and afco drag shocks are just the way they are valved. They want about 200.00 more per shock than what i can get AFCO drag shocks for from a number of different places. Supply and demand, I guess.

Yeah, I know proformance pros has afco shocks valved for pulling but the difference between them and afco drag shocks are just the way they are valved. They want about 200.00 more per shock than what i can get AFCO drag shocks for from a number of different places. Supply and demand, I guess.

just get the two way adjustable afco drag shock. we have had them for a few years, work great. id like to know if there is really a diff between afcos drag shock and profomance pros pulling shock. i bet the part numbers are the same.

I personally like the least expensive shock for the mid 80's GM trucks from your local Napa store!!!! They seem to work quite well. Now, if you have a bad front axle chattering problem you would definitely want to go with something that is valved differently but sometimes they do work for that also.

Afco smooth body shocks non adjustAble aren't too expensive. Many different valving options. We have run the double adjustables on our dirt late model and they are awesome shocks but pricey

2 Edelbrock Xtreme IAS medium valved universal shocks 140.00 for both
2 Edelbrock Xtreme Reservoir IAS soft valved universal shocks 185.00 for both
2 Edelbrock Xtreme Reservoir IAS 3" lift 2500/3500 dodge ram shocks 230.00 for both

Plus shipping...

All are brand new, let me know, PM me on here. I can get you part numbers and measurements if you want. These cost almost twice this when bought...