Need help...

tyler995

I have an 02 that has a scheid stage 2 vp44, .093 lines and crossover tubes and monster mike 6x.014 injectors. it also has a 188/220 cam 103lb valve springs extreme duty push rods and decked and o ringed head. the charger setup on it now is an hx35 with a wicked wheel over a garrett s475 with .60AR... i am changing chargers in the next couple weeks to a bigger atmo but itll still be an s475 with 1.10AR and a s363 or an s366. im not sure what i should run for the high pressure charger, the s363 or the s366? its going to be a street/drag truck. and are the injectors i am running now big enough or do i need to go to like a 6x.020 or 6x.022? so my question is, what is going to be more streetable but have the most power.. the s363 or the s366? i dont want it to be crazy laggy cause i plan to DD this truck but i dont mind a little laggyness for more HP. any info would be appreciated! its also going to be hit with a decent amount of spray down the strip if that is a factor in this?!

Garrett does not make an S475, and the BW would have an 0.63AR compressor cover. First thing I would do is to determine what you have including the turbine wheel size.

the s366 specs:

Wheel Dimensions:

Compressor: 66 mm inducer / 91.4mm exducer, with exclusive Extended Tip Technology.

Turbine: 80 mm inducer / 73 mm exducer. Cast in Inconel 713 for high-temperature operation.

Housings:

Compressor: Large 4.00" ported anti-surge air inlet / 90* 3.00" charge pipe outlet

Turbine: .91 A/R Twin Scroll, with 'T4', divided entry, and 4.21" v-band discharge.

the s363 specs:

Wheel Dimensions:

Compressor: 63 mm inducer / 88 exducer, with exclusive Extended Tip Technology.
Turbine: 76.1 mm inducer / 68 mm exducer. Cast in Inconel 713 for high-temperature operation.

Housings:

Compressor: Large 4.00" ported anti-surge air inlet / 3.00" 90 degree charge pipe outlet
Turbine: .88 A/R Open Scroll, with 'T4', undivided entry, and 4.21" v-band discharge.

and the s475 specs:

Comp. Wheel OD: 3.94

Comp. Wheel Inducer Diameter: 2.94(in.) 75(mm)

Turbine Wheel OD: 3.77(in.) 96(mm)

Turbine Wheel Exducer: 3.47(in.) 88(mm)

Turbine A/R: 1.32

Let me know if this helps! i cant decide on the 363 or the 363..

ok so you are looking at box turbos. yes I agree the 63/68 would be better fit but I would would suggest the smaller .83 t4 housing. also your current injector size will support more power than the compounds you are looking at will support imo.

So what do you think I should run? I'm definately interested in what everyone has to say cause that'll hit the pocket book hard if it's not right lol. So if I leave the 6x14s I have now what chargers should I run? I greatly appreciate all the input and advice from everyone

You really need to set a power goal, over a specific ET at your weight, one size does not fit all.

I would like to be somewhere around 850-900 hp fuel only. And over 1000 on spray.

sorry i didnt post a programmer but at the moment i have a comp box a smarty and a blue chip redline box. i think im going to run the redline box for sure but someone told me to run the smarty for the added timing? any thoughts on that? or which one should i use?

yeah on a vp lol! its scheids stage 2, they compare it to monster mikes stage 2 but i dont know yet haha

I think you need to realign what you want from the truck. a set of turbos that is going to spool fast and support your hp goals is going to hard to find. I personally have a 66/68 and a s4t on my truck. should support my goals of 1k on fuel with a p-pumped 24v. they spool ok but I only have about 15min of drive time on the set up.

i know the size i plan on running isnt gonna spool fast. but i plan to street drive it and beat it pretty hard. what are the specs on that s4t?

so whats yer exp with a setup that big mr 24 posts..lag is the worst..it will me a truck unuseable. drive a truck that wont light the turbos till 2200? or worse..take one of yer boots off and drive it for a day..then youll get a taste of it

I would want something that spools fast with a VP truck. A 63/475 combo with a good cam should be a pretty good driver. It may not make 1k hp but 850 shouldn't be a problem.

i know the size i plan on running isnt gonna spool fast. but i plan to street drive it and beat it pretty hard. what are the specs on that s4t?

supposedly an 88mm compressor, I measured it at 86. has the same turbine wheel and housing as an s500, 110/99mm and I bought a divided 1.15 t6 for it.

I ended up going 363/475 setup. Haven't really beaten on it cause I just got it together last night but it spools pretty decent! I'm very happy with the setup