need help

chewy_1_2

I have a 2003 Chevy Silverado with a Durmax 6.6 turbo diesel engine and i want to run jet A-1 in it. I know i need to add an oil or ATF with it but nobody can give me a good answer as to what type or how much to add (i currently have about 55 gal drum of it) if there is anybody that is doing this or knows about this can you please help.

A friend of mine does this but uses the jet fuel every other tank. He uses 2 quarts oil to one tank full of jet fuel. I have no idea if that ratio is right or not but his truck seems to run fine this way. He works at an airport as a wrench and get the fuel for free as they have to drain it before working on things

sounds like a good way to fry the injection system if you didn't get it right.

I doubt that it would hurt the injection system but I'm willing to bet done wrong the pistons would not much like it.

It may be possible, but to save $155.00 in fuel you could cost yourself an injection pump and injectors for about $3000.00. be careful because these trucks are very picky about fuel.

It may be possible, but to save $155.00 in fuel you could cost yourself an injection pump and injectors for about $3000.00. be careful because these trucks are very picky about fuel.

thats the reason you have to put oil or ATF in it

Back