Need info on 5.9 CR before I buy!

Street sleeper

Part-Time Puller!!
I was wondering if you guys could give me a little insight on which year 5.9 cr is better than the other? I'm thinking of trying to buy one in the next month or so. Which year auto trannys are better? NV5600 trannys are better than G56 but how is the clutch in each application? Which 5.9 cr motors are prone to injector problems? Is there an advantage of the 325hp engine over the 305hp even if I plan on running a programmer? Thanks for the input in advance!

I heard that 03-early 04 and 06-07 have some injector problems and I have a g-56 in my 05 and its a piece of junk, I say that because the clutch did not hold my 24ft goose neck trailer with 3200lbs on it and it makes all sorts of noise after I put a clutch in it so if I did it again it would be a 05 with a 5600. (Im not a fan of auto's)

I was wondering if you guys could give me a little insight on which year 5.9 cr is better than the other? I'm thinking of trying to buy one in the next month or so. Which year auto trannys are better? NV5600 trannys are better than G56 but how is the clutch in each application? Which 5.9 cr motors are prone to injector problems? Is there an advantage of the 325hp engine over the 305hp even if I plan on running a programmer? Thanks for the input in advance!

Most people seem to feel the nv5600 is a little tougher than the G56 but the G56 trans shift better. As far as autos only the early 03s have the 47res, everything from 03.5 to 07 have 48res. 48re are not bad, especially with a stock or near stock engine in front of them. Really the problem with the common rails is the factory fuel filtration system sucks, 7 microns is a joke. Do your self a favor and throw a 2 micron cat or donaldson fuel filter in there and it will help. 325 motors flow a little more fuel and have a bigger turbo so they will hit just under 500rwhp on a smarty alone. 305/250 motors just take a little more. CR are great engines imho. Good luck!