need More fuel please help.

Mopar Man

Ok well the break in is done on the new engine & last night i got to beat on it for the first time. & I NEED more fuel! the truck is making great power but on the mid to top end you can feel the engine is just wanting more fuel. My egt's are way low (1050*) & ther is NO smoke once the boost is up, Not that I want smoke, but there should at least be a haze... My last dyno on the old engine with the same fueling and turbo it made 430 RWHP & 960 RWTQ on a NON loaded dyno, After the header I was barly able to hit 1380-1400* on the egt's Now Its making more power with the cam, CR head & head work but as you know flow goes up boost goes down. Im now down about 8 psi of boost from befor & down over 300* on egts & it wants more fuel. Should I start by putting a SO injection pump on or just buy some mach 5 or mach 6 injectors? IMO i think the injection pump is just not being able to keep up with the fuel needs of the engine. Please give your thoughts TIA

I'd throw an SO pump on, bigger injectors, and make sure your pump tap is working good.

Go with a ppump. Worth it more than trying to get the fueling out of the vp44, whether it is a HO or a SO.

I would think about dong a p-pump, but being in the tree hugging hippy state of CA I cant do it, We have to start doing emishions testing jan 2010 so that is a no go. Besids I have a CR head on the truck and have heard that there are some clearince issues when p-pumping with a CR head.

I would step up in injector size......As far as manufacturer thats your call!

I'm not sure what pump your running?....If you are running a HO look into an SO and step up the injectors!

I would start with the injector! You have enough charger........7x.012 with a little lift and go from there.

HO's are tapped out around a 150hp-200hp injector but you might be able to gain some power with a bigger injector, just not the full potential. If your HO pump is running fine and you don't wanna spend the money then I'd go ahead and just get bigger sticks for now till its time to replace your pump. Then throw an SO on it.

well the way my EGT's are acting & the way it feels mid to high rpm range it just feels like its running out of fuel, NO smoke & really low EGT's & the injectors I want are about the same price as a injection pump.

Your call. I forgot that you only had 120's so I'd recommend going up in injectors first (should be able to find some used mach's somewhere for a decent price) and then seeing if that won't help.

Think im going to do the SO pump first & than see ware im at and step up the injectors.

Ya. Its really a toss up at this point which way you could go. Either would be beneficial.

but with your injectors, i don't believe you are maxing the HO out! i would get a good set of sticks first then go from there!

I just don't think you will see much change with that small of injector

Im going SO pump first (i will need one sooner or later anyway) and than injectors.