Need Pheonix Area Drag Trucks

DavidTD

DPM
Who lives in the Pheonix area that is planning on heading to the DHRA opener April 21st? :pop:

Last edited:
Cool deal. I wasn't trying to correct you at all - just wanted to make sure R'ham hadn't been changed or anything. Looking forward to seeing you there again this year.

So nobody lives near Pheonix that has a good looking truck that could get some magazine coverage? :pop:

david- i believe myself and gene feldhans will be caravaning out to phoenix to run. no mag coverage needed though,too much already.:hehe:

Diesel World will be there. They also wanted to know if we had any local to Phoenix racers to consider for a feature.

So I'm looking. :poke:

I can't believe there are no diesel trucks out west that can run a 12.0 or 10.50 index! Even more unreal is that there aren't any that can compete in bracket racing! Y'all are missin' out on some good purses. National magazine coverage should help with sponsorships, too! Amsoil featured DieselPower! logos prominently in one of their monthly magazines. And exposure is what sponsors look for! Shoot, if Lucky Dog Layden could drive his race truck to all of the Quick Diesel (12.0 index) races last year, and win the championship, I have to believe there's at least five of you left coast guys who could do it.

There. I done gone done it. I trew down the gauntlet. Now I'll relight this doobie and finish it. :stab:

Last edited:
With all the trucks I've seen around here in Phoenix there is nobody to step up? Guess I am gonna have to start handing out cards the next 2 weeks before I go back to Knoxville.

If Casper is running we will be there :rockwoot:

I'll be there for sure, I just don't think my truck is fast enough unless I get some real nice goodies installed on the truck real soon.

I have a DD ready to install and a nitrous kit, but I still have the stock pump, so I don't think I can fuel more than 550-600hp with the giggle gas anyway. On a 2wd 5spd truck I just don't think it is possible to get into the 11.99 range. I'd need a whole list of suspension goodies to get me even close, let alone another 100hp

anyone know how to get more fuel out of this thing without any pump mods that require removing it? :drive:
Ken

I think my truck is too big to qualify as a drag truck but I will most likely be there running it anyways.

david- there is a good amount of trucks here on the left coast but most seem to be in the northwest. dont know if those cissy's want to make the trek.

idk how fast you can shift but i have a friend with a 2000 single cab 2wd auto with slicks and traction bars, first time out he was running 12.5's and all he had were like 80 or 100hp sticks, b1 turbo, fuelsystem and a comp box that lil truck RIPS
robert

Well, there is good money up to be taking.

Pro Street pays $2000 to win, $1000 runner-up, and $500 to the semis
Quick Diesel pays $500 to win, $250 runner-up, and $100 semis
Bracket pays $250 to win, $150 runner-up and $50 semis

All purses are guaranteed.

Pro Street must qualify at 11.99 or quicker to compete. All entries will be legal per the rules for times run.

Don't forget the chance for the season points chase too. Pro Street for example pays another $5000 to the season champion.

Can't win if you don't race... :poke:

DavidTD said:
... Can't win if you don't race... :poke:

David, how you say th.... ... Oh, errr, never mind. For a moment, it looked like you said, "Don't race if you can't win," and I just couldn't believe you'd say something like that!

:hehe: I kill me!

Back