Need pucks that go inside injector

strokethis6.7

$2.00 Hooker
Anyone know where to get the little pucks for injectors. My michanic managed to loose 2 of the 6 pucks for my injectors now I'm stuck with no truck and no way to work... He has no idea where to look for 6.7 injector parts and neither do I. Help please

Are you talking about the copper washers that go on the nozzle?
And why would you let someone that doesn't know about this stuff work on your truck?

The 6.7L Cummins injectors have a VERY small "puck" in the injector that MUST be reinstalled after a nozzle upgrade... If I remember correctly they are not available separately, you may be able to get one from an injector rebuilder but I doubt it as that would make those injectors unusable too!!! I did a nozzle article on a 6.7L Cummins a while back and was very sure to point out not to loose the "pucks" also the instructions that came with the nozzles mentioned it as well...

Sounds to me like your "mechanic" will be on the hook for 2 new Cummins 6.7L injectors...

I think he means the insideof the nozzles there are little steel pucks that go in the indentation.

I dont know where to buy those I woul dtry calling BD or a compnay that sells injectors and next time get a guy that knows about diesels especially when it comes to changing tips.

Fleece may have some, I know what your talking about. Their about impossible to see without knowing their there.

Thanks guys . I've been taking with industrial injection . I'm trying I either get the puck or a rebuild kit. My buddy that does my diesel work is very knowledgable with diesels . He has changed manny injectors and many nozzles even the guy at industrial said he was guilty of mis placing one before . Hack I don't remember having them in the 5.9 and he don't either . Sometimes we make mistakes . Unfortunately I'm the one suffering. I know it wasn't intentional but it still happened now I'm in a bit of a spot

I was told that the pucks are injector sensitive . But we mic'd the ones in my other injectors and the are the same .... So is this just bs so that you will buy new injectors? Has anyone just swapped the puck ?

Thanks for the clarification... So new replacement 5.9L Cummins injectors have the pucks too, but no 5.9L Cummins engines were delivered with pucked injectors... Correct?

Does anyone know if you can change the pucks? I've been told yes and no.... Has anyone done this and run there truck?

Last edited:
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to interchange pucks. I once lost one and lucked up and a mechanic at a local stealership hooked me up. Ill see if I can find out where it came from.

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to interchange pucks. I once lost one and lucked up and a mechanic at a local stealership hooked me up. Ill see if I can find out where it came from.

Industrial sells them $5 a piece and they do come in different thicknesses . Funny part is is the 4 I have are 44 thousandths all of them . So I bought 2 more 44 thousandths and am gonna put them in and see how things go .... The guy at industrial insured no problems we shal see . I am going to have nozzles checked in town anyway