need some advice asap

82ndsnpr

well guys here is the deal and i tried emails and everything eles with no responce in over a week so u all know that before we get into this.

i sold rawdiesel a pump a floor it stage 3 with less then 10k on it closer to 6k i put in the add that i needed a GOOD WORKING CORE off an 06 with low miles. So i ask wes what year and how many miles is his core tells me its an 06 with under 20k. i agree to the deal he then tells me to ship him the pump first cause he needs to keep his truck up and running for work, no big deal i understand that but alittle worried talk some more then i ship him the pump out with the understanding that he will ship he the core back asap. now here is the fun part i get the core it shows up in a smashed box covered in diesel packed with newspaper and the pump is messed up the fca is broke off. so at this point i call wes we but heads alittle but agree to have the pump fixed and looked at by industrial injection. i then call II they tell me its around 350 to have a pump rebuilt with the problems i can see and that the pump has, if that is all thats wrong but they need to see the pump. i ship the pump out to them and then get a call the pump is junk and would cost more to fix then a reman the shaft is messed up and it has major signs of water contamination and rust amoung other problems. I have them take pics of everything and put it all in writting, now here is the issue how should i take care of this i am leaning toward some type of court action i have sent many emials with no responce and the fact is i was lied to the pump was not a good core it was a a junk core and i or II dont see how this was even on a running truck.

i have pics of everything but need some advice on how you all would handel it. sorry so long.

call him and e-mail him letting know that if he doesn't man up and supply you with a good core pump that you will be filing a lawsuit against him and that you have already contacted a lawyer about this issue.

He is a member here and this is the second time I've seen him get bad feedback on a sale/trade.

i have talked to my brother inlaw who said i have grounds to sue him i would have to ask a lawyer if i can file here in ca since the transaction took place here. if not i would have to file there but i could add the cost of my expence to the suit, along with the cost to replace the part which i could use the cost from a dealer of 2250, so i will give him the chance to replace the part with a rebuilt pump from II for 780. if not then i will file suit and it will end up costing him closer to 4k.

I really doubt wes would want to take it to that level. If he does then I see alot of bridges being burnt.

Wes needs to do something. This whole deal was a mess. The pump was packaged in a box not even close to rated for the weight of the pump, and wasn't even packed in. A few sale papers in the bottom and thats it. The box was broken and torn from where the FCA punched through it, which was then broken off.

So, we sent it to Industrial after informing Wes of the condition of the pump for a full inspection and estimate on needed repairs. Recieved a phone call from Industrial that the drive shaft was worn, there was rust inside of the pump indicating water contamination, and the pump would require a full rebuild to be made serviceable. This information was then passed onto 82ndsnpr along with the photos Industrial emailed me.

Honestly we just need a good, serviceable, low mileage pump, as per the original sale agreement. He has the option to supply one, or pay to fix the one he supplied. Of course, if he supplies one it will go straight to Industrial for verification of condition.

Here is the rest of the story...

Bought this stage 3 pump from him, took couple months to get the pump, no big deal, i wasnt ready for it when i purchased it, finially shows up, he appologizes for being so long, says there is another middle man in it that took long, his shop doing the work. He tells me to get the pump on and send the stock back when i can, no big rush, so i had some buisness to tend to and i sent the stock pump of my 06 back to him, figured one week he should have it with UPS ground. About 3-4 weeks or maybe longer he tells me the pump shows up damaged, sends pictures of the package, I tell him that it did not leave my shop packaged like that, and that he could contact John at Floor It Diesel, as i had sent him many pumps to mod back and forth without any issues. I also asked him why it took 3-4 weeks to tell me, as i ship all pumps, injectors with insurance incase UPS does damaged them. Of course, weeks later its too late. He tells me his shop had it laying with a bunch of packages and didnt pay any attention to it? Well if i get a box in thats all banged up, i open imediatly to check it?

Now he is telling me he wants me to buy a new pump and send to him, or pay II to fix it. How am i responsable for a pump that may have been damaged in the shop where it was laying with other packages, maybe it fell off another package and hit the floor.

Bob you are right, im not out to screw anyone, as i have a small business and dont need that reputation. I am a reasonable guy, but i dont think that this totally on me. To many fishy parts left open, why did it take weeks to contact me about the pump being damaged?

Wes has been in this game long enough to know how to ship/buy/sell/treat people. This sounds way too fishy to be all one persons fault.

IF he waited 3 weeks then I don't know what to say. We contacted the customer as soon as the package arrived. I think you better quit trying to throw me under the bus right now Wes. We DID NOT damage the pump, it arrived damaged. It sat in the original box it was shipped in on the shelf next to the 2 pallets of stuff for 82ndsnpr's truck, until I was instructed to ship it to Industrial.

Not trying to throw you under anything, i think its funny, that somehow weeks after the package arrived, i was told the package was damaged? From the way i took Him, he said you never checked the package until the day he told me it was damaged. I also know i packaged that pump better than what your telling me you seen. I also know the package had insurance on it, and could have been claimed if it would have been checked or reported when it arrived. Im sorry i dont feel soley resposable here for this accident.

the fact that it showed up damaged is one thing wes the fact the pump shows major signs of water con. and bad internials is another if all i had to do was replace the fca i would not care i would eat the cost the fact is YOU SENT ME A PUMP THAT HAS MAJOR WATER DAMAGE AND BAD INTERNALS NOT CAUSED BY SHIPPING.

the fact that it showed up damaged is one thing wes the fact the pump shows major signs of water con. and bad internials is another if all i had to do was replace the fca i would not care i would eat the cost the fact is YOU SENT ME A PUMP THAT HAS MAJOR WATER DAMAGE AND BAD INTERNALS NOT CAUSED BY SHIPPING.

The pump came off my 06 truck? i ran it through the winter and took it off to ship to you? how did it go to a running pump to a damaged during shipping, water contaminated junk pump through UPS?

:pop: probably should have opend box in time to collect insurance. who doesnt open up packages immediately, its like christmas everytime the UPS man shows up.

Posted by 82ndsnpr
got it thanks wade time to start building my truck sweet great buyer ur the man wade

So you posted this without having seen the box somehow? Because you would know right away something was up if the box was messed up when it arrived.

:pop: probably should have opend box in time to collect insurance. who doesnt open up packages immediately, its like christmas everytime the UPS man shows up.

X2! I say Raw Diesel did their part already.

Back