Need some advice on fuel pump

Silver6spd

My buddy has an 03 7.3 with about 220k miles on it. He said the fuel pump was goin out. What's the best upgrade for him? Idk chit about 7.3's so I'm askin y'all. I know it requires 40-60psi of fuel so that's where I'm lost. He's got an SCT downloader, Intake and straight pipe. He tows for a living with it so help me out. Thanks.

A popular and cheap upgrade is to get the Walbro GSL392. It's stronger than the stock pump, but costs much less. Quite a few folks order it from Arizona TPI (that's where I got mine, great customer service), or find them on Ebay.

I've had mine for 2 years now, and it's running like a champ. It's not warrantied for diesel, but quite a few folks have used this pump without an issue.

So there's my 2 cents.

I'd do a air dog setup. Would alow you to get rid of those expensive filters. As well as straight fuel and no air. Just my .02

I was thinking the airdog didn't have the higher fuel pressure the powerstroke needed. The airdogII is adjustable but I don't know if it's as high as the 40-60lbs the truck needs. Of course I could be wrong since my background is with the Common Rails. My airdog is around 17psi I don't know if that would cut it.