Need some advise for winter build

superdutyfarmer

This year I've been racing my 4bt with single he351 turbo, home made spring gate and a 55shot of nitrous. Best run was 12.80@106. I'm very happy with that out if what it is. This wintert plan is to rebuild motor with marine style standard compression pistons. Currently they were decked .080". Will also be relief cutting them and sending pump out to be maxed and 5k springs installed. I also will be sending my head to enterprise engine for port and polish and getting a steed speed manifold. I cannot decide to keep single turbo from stainless as I talked with Johnny about building me something like a 363 with a right exhaust housing; or putting something like a 475 for an atmosphere and running compounds.

Only problem I have with running compounds is that dirt drags are taking off here and right now with single turbo tey let me run the street class. Well say with a educated guess it would take a 10lb bottle in a night I keep up with full sized trucks in the class right now. And compounds would definitely make it run in the modified class. I enjoy being about to do it all with the truck as well as drive it quite a bit on the street.

One more question is how does a methanol injection system respond to drag racing applications? Short 2-300ft bursts?

Last edited:
Back