Need some help. 48re problems...

40k on one fluid change? Judging from what's on the sensor and from what I can see in the picture for fluid color. Bet money when you put fresh fluid in it won't move. Even if it does your on borrowed time.

Last edited:
I dont think 40k miles is awful, I usually shoot for 30k but I just havent had the time. I am going to assume with the TV clip gone pressure has been low and its been slipping, which is what caused all the trash.

I have been planning to tear it down and go through the truck to fix some things it needs. I needed to change the trans, diffs, and tcase oils - AC compressor, front main seal, front pinion seal, ect. The truck has 330k miles now and its been really good.

The trans was holding at WOT on the way home two nights ago, I dont see it dieing with new fluid, but I guess you never know.

Last edited:
Well for what it's worth. When I bust down a trans and show the customer what neglect does, and their wallet a shade lighter they tend take care of it.

It's a bit of tough love, but let's face it these trucks aren't cheap to fix.

Well, she's rocking and rolling. I turned up the pressure and added a drain plug in the pan while I was in there. Truck runs and shifts awesome... Actually better than before with the added pressure.

I call this truck the Terminator, it has been through some **** and just keeps on going. Lol It has treated me really well.

Now with that said, I know it's going to **** the bed soon, I'll be prepared.

Glad you fingered it out.

Did you look at the amount of material on the front band when you had the pan and VB off?

Yeah, it still had material on it, and the drum looked good. Didn't show any signs of metal to metal.

Back