Need some help from the tuners out there...

Extended Power

As most of you know, my truck has been down since February, for a complete engine rebuild.
Well since February...things have changed some...To the fact that I am looking to buy a holiday trailer now, and am wondering if I will be able to do it without serious "Surge" issues.

The trailer is 29 feet long, and the GVRW is about 7500 pounds.

Engine will have: 200cc injectors (52Lpm nozzles), Turbonetics 61mm with .68 A/R.

Thanks.

I know twins is the "REAL" answer, but this project has dragged out long enough...maybe next year.

build

I hate to say it, but I really think that your turbo is going to be to small. Those 200 injectors really pump out the fuel (if ya know what I'm sayin' or you will soon see).I know you have heard 2 many times-twins. I also heard that the 190-200 sticks can be set up with the VGT-HO with good results.
Congatulations on the build, hope to get to check it ou personally someday.

Ivan, you can turn the sticks down..thats what i did with my 190's..have your tuner write you a file with less then stock fuel parameters..you can make it work.

^^^^^ I'm with Stupid. LOL Seriously, I have nearly the same setup, but a 65MM turbo, and with my tow file I cannot get over 1200 if I try, and no surging. Its like its stock, but with more power!

Thanks guys.
I just don't want to give up anything, just to pull a trailer now and then...I want to do it all without having to change tunes if possible. (Prolly not)
What size could I run without any surge issues?
-I heard that a 64 makes something like 50 more HP than a 58, and a 66 makes like 100 HP more ??? I'm not sure...

With a sick truck, I put down 476 and 851TQ with 190's and a 65 on fuel. It will be interesting to dyno it again with a healthy truck. Perhaps others with smaller or larger can post their dyno sheets.

remember, you can always turn DOWN big injectors. you cant turn UP little injectors. the main reason im thinking 180s rather than 150s.

Garrett

remember, you can always turn DOWN big injectors. you cant turn UP little injectors. the main reason im thinking 180s rather than 150s.

Garrett

Yeah, I know...I just didn't want to "Loose" that much power, just to keep it clean burning.

If any vendor would like me to try a set of twins for them, please PM me. I know it is inevitable...I need them, and if you can supply me with a set that will work on my truck, (WITHOUT removing the A/C) with my build and specs, I will try them on the street, highway, track, and pulling my holiday trailer. I do have a drive pressure guage, as well as boost pressure, EGT's, oil pressure, fuel pressure, and tranny temp.
Payment details can be discussed before sending out kit.:Cheer:

Correct, but there is only so much you can tun them down.

yes, but his 200s should be fine for towing. they can get turned down enough for his turbo. the twins would be nice, run more fuel and more power.

Garrett

i wouldnt worry too much about it. Eric wrote my tow file and it works pretty good. It cruises under 1000* and is very hard to hit 1200* even with my 275's. Also the more wieght I pull the more the charger works and cooler/better it seems it runs. With no trailer it is laggy because of the lack of fuel but the other tunes take care of that.

Back