Need some help new Combo not performing

a pix of the beast.. 3500hd with 1800gvw.. yes a bad habit.. 4 cruisers from a 65 fj45 to a 97 fzj80..:Cheer:

Attachments

• Ray Phone 010.jpg
    Ray Phone 010.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
ok, got it all put back together with the plate full foward and my fuel pressure is about 20 at idle 30 2500rpm no load, but drops under 20 at full load, much much better than before.. but still a little low from what you guys are saying, runs alot better, been looking for 2 days and still cant find a reasonablly priced pusher pump that is diesel rated. may just run 1/2 inch lines to feed the stock pump.. any more ideas???

so far I have cleaned the pickup in the tank, eliminated the fuel heater, eliminated the gm pump, and checked the fuel lines for leaks..

before I run new lines I am going to pressure test what I have from the tank to the lift pump...

Just run the stock Cummins lift pump. That is all Dodge installed and can push past 500 HP pretty easily when in good condition. You just need to make sure the OFV is shimmed or swapped to a TorkTek to allow higher fuel preasure.

fixed it..... ran a new 1/2 inch line and made a new 1/2 pickup for the tank.. you would not believe the bends and kinks in the stock chevy 3/8 fuel line looks like it was bent by @#$%. ended up pulling half of the 3/8 out and replacing it to use as a return line it was that bad....

now I can tune it .. thanks for the help,