Need some help with the Ppump 24v

Hey guys I went out and #1 injector is not popping off cuz it didnt change the sound of the motor any. So 1 I could have a bad injector. 2 I could have someting plugging my injector. Is there anyting else. I cracked it at the head and at the pump and nothing. Could something be up with my DV? I guess what Im asking is what are all the things I could check for? Thanks.

Was fuel coming out of the line at the head? How about at the pump? If its coming out at the head then that means injector. If its not coming out of the head but its coming out at the pump that means the line is clogged. If its not coming out of the pump or the line then that means something in the pump is bad. Did you have your pump benched before you installed?

Theres a good amount of fuel coming from the head. So I have a bad injector. I guess I will pull it and pop test it. So this is why my truck has a funny sound and a miss to it? I hope this fixes it.

If you have a few minutes to spare, before you send them off swap the #1 injector with one of the others and make sure the miss follows the injector. There could be problems with the #1 pump plunger even though its pumping fuel. It will only take a few minutes and this way you will be 100% sure its in the injector.

If you have one tested, you might as well have them all tested.

Its very unlikely that the injector is not firing at all. Its probably just firing incorrectly. If it were to not open any, the fuel would either have to go straight into the return or it has done severe damage to the pump already and it will need to be rebuilt anyways.

Ok I switched #1 and #3 injectors and it must be my pump cuz #1 still doesnt change. So the pump that the guy said was good is BAD!!!!! SOB. lol The copper washer that sits under the DV is all in pieces and Im almost certain some fell throug into the pump. What do you guys think I should do. Buy a new pump, buy a used pump or have this one rebuilt. I know its leaking oil from somewhere also DAMN this sucks!

So the washer under the DV was in pieces? I didn't think it was copper. Is it all there or is some missing?

I don't know if you had the DV's out of the pump since you got it, but since this one was messed up, I would pull out all the DV's, inspect all of them, remove all the washers, put the DV's back in with no washers and try to start it.

Wouldn't hurt nothing now. Some places don't use the washers at all.

Not all of the copper washer was there. I tried to get some of the pieces out and I saw some fall into the plunger. I has to be a bad pump if #1 injector isnt changing the sound of motor even with the #3 injector in its spot doesnt it? Mabey not. So can I unbolt the 2 nuts that hold the dv and dv holder?

If the washer was allowing fuel to go around the DV instead of operating the DV, it would certainly not act right.

If you unbolt the two bolts that hold the barrel assembly in the pump, many will tell you that you lose the position it was in so the pump would no longer be balanced (fuel flow is equal from all plungers) and it will never run right again.

Ok so I wont mess with it. Im kinda screwd now that some of washer fell through the barrel then right? I guess when I cracked #1 line there was a good about of fuel coming out but it was all bubbly. I dont get it.

you should be able to get all the pieces that fell down onto the plunger unless they were really small. Heck, use a shop vac and a straw, get creative...

Well there are 2 small squares in the plunger that they fell through. When you take the dv out theres a round flat piece that has a hole in the middle then 2 small squares across from each other, is that the plunger?

yes, it sounds like the pieces fell down the side of the helix cut into the plunger.

Not that I would recommend this to anyone, but if it was my pump, I would clean the pump top off, mark the location of the barrel assembly, and then remove the two nuts. Pull the barrel assembly out (careful not to drop the shims or crud down into the pump). Then I would somehow clean the sides of the plunger off (never done this before with the pump on a truck). Make sure you get the pieces out of the helix on the side of the plunger. Then put the barrel back in with the same shims in place. Line up the marks, tighten the nuts. Then I would cycle the throttle to ensure the plunger rotates in the barrel properly. If it hangs up, you could risk it sticking and running away from you.

Last you need to reinstall the DV, holder and lines and try it again.

If you drop anything into the pump or can't get it back together or it runs away, don't say I didn't warn you.

If it works and it runs fine, you owe me a beer.

To give you an idea of what it looks like apart...

So I took an injection pump apart, here's some pics and some Q's... - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

If you get hit by a car you might still be able to walk, but you probably won't be doing so very well.

These pumps are tough. They usually don't just die, they just stop working correctly.

Clean that crap out before running the truck or barring the engine. The washers are outdated and no longer required.

I think I might of just got a break. I found a Brand new pump never touched a truck with 5kgsk and high flow DVs for under $1k!!!!!!! The guy is gana send me pictures of the pump Mon. What do you guys think about this. He said he was building a pulling truck but ran out of money and lost interest so he's just trying to sell all of his stuff. Is it to good to be true?