need some help

03BlackWidow

I put my stock injectors in last night and the truck seemed to be doing fine. This morning I went and filled up with fuel and on the way back getting off the highway the truck stalled just out of the blue. My fuel pressure gauge shows normal but the truck just cranks and cranks like its not even trying to fire. Its not even moving any smoke at all while cranking. I dont think the injectors are firing but how do I tell or what would cause that?

I checked the battery connections and computer connections and it all seemed snug. Hooked up my SCT and no dtc's showed up.

Any help is appreciated because i dont know where to start with it now.

I towed it back to my house and let it sit a lil over an hour and tried to start it again and it cranked a few secs then fired right up.

What in the heck is going on?

SOunds like a bad ICP sensor. Look on the back of the motor and see if you have oil leaking from up top behind the turbo!

I do have a bad oil leak around there. i thought it was the return line on the turbo but could very well be that.

I called the dealer and they said $127.60-ICP and $274.48-ICR. I have them on my spare motor but hate to do it twice also.

Thats the problem. Getting to it on the 03's is a *****, so the 127.60 is a deal IMHO!

Theres one way of looking at it, lol.

Im assuming the turbo has to come off to replace it on an 03? I need to put my stock charger back on anyways but the stock injectors really didnt work too bad w/ the phat shaft 62/80.

I just started it up and let it idle for 30 minutes and it was still missing when i took off, after a mile the miss cleared up but soon as I parked the truck and turned it off it wouldnt restart. Back to just cranking and cranking.

No need to pull the turbo....but a good light and some skinny arms sure will help. LOL
Check the 6.0 Bible sticky thread for location...at least you'll have some idea of what to reach for.

Those sensors blow out in the center...oil gets through the wires....look real close at the harness to make sure it's no impregnated with oil. If it is you'll need to replace that too.

Back