Need to cut some weight for drags. what should i do?

wow. talk about light. I have to make up for the dana 80 swap and the extra turbo hangin down there. what wheels and tires do you run? I will try and take some more leafs out. over loads are gone already.

some cheap helo 18x10's, weigh around 30lbs and nitto555r's that weigh about 30lbs also

truckpic006-1-1.jpg

You can get a 2" hole saw and start cutting in areas you still need but are thicker than just 1 layer like parts of the cab behind the rear seat.

Do you still have your overloads?

If you can get the love seat in the cab, I don't believe it will pass tech.

Buy a smaller truck to start with, thats what I did. I should be around the 3500lbs area with me in it. Dump the bed, go with the plastic bedsides. Get rid of the glass, interior, fire wall. Run a fiberglass front end. You going to run a full cage? I back halfed 4link my truck as well. A mustang front end will cut the weight down as well.

weighed the truck today to get a baseline number. I am pretty happy with what it weighs already. 6360 without driver and 3/8 tank of fuel. i think i can cut at least 200 of off that easy. I will get on it tomorrow and Wednesday.

got it stripped down with out going too crazy. it now weighs right at 6000 without driver and 1/4 tank of fuel.

Last edited:
Back