Need turbo geniuses! please help

RowlandSmoke

I already have some post in other forums trying to get help and feedback and im not really getting any. anyones info will be appreciated!
I have a 7.5 6.7 3500 and need to get more air and cool egts. iam slowly building this truck up. I also want to start pulling with it soon.
now I have no idea what to do I know nothing about turbos so any help would be awesome! thankyou

Gotta give us your fueling capabilities and power goals.

The more information you can give us about your goals, the better the feedback

Well the tuner is the only thing that is done fuelwise. All I have is intake manifold cold air intake. Egr.dpf delete of course. Head was slightly milled when I warped the head. Arp headstuds. Suncoast trans. And tc. My goal is to able to pull the sled, maybe drag race, but also keep it as a work truck. I do tow with it but not all the time. And my power goal is to see how far I can take it I would like to 900

Which tuner? Just curious. If I were you I would upgrade the cp3 and injectors,then choose your turbo and install them together. That way your closer to your end goal and not buying another turbo in the near future. The 6.7 spools s400 based turbos really well. Especially with some decent fueling mods. Thats the extent of my knowledge with them tho.

pulling a sled is not easy on these trucks, is that what you mainly want the truck for? do you daily drive and/or tow with it?

on a side note i think i saw some of your posts on CF earlier. the S467 is a good popular choice for the 6.7. I will be putting one on my truck in the next two weeks when i get time. ill let you know how i like it.

Cumminspa75. That makes sense but I'm not sure what to do there either. I was looking at dual cp3s. But I do need to lower my egts. They climb up there to quick. And muffler bearing. Yes it is my daily driver but I do have other vehicles I can use if it's down. And yes I do tow with it not all the time though

Cumminspa75. That makes sense but I'm not sure what to do there either. I was looking at dual cp3s. But I do need to lower my egts. They climb up there to quick. And muffler bearing. Yes it is my daily driver but I do have other vehicles I can use if it's down. And yes I do tow with it not all the time though

I would try the S467 then.

It definitely wouldn't hurt the cause by any means. If you get an s467 before anything else solely to lower egts I think you'd be fine. There may be some lag on the low end but driving style could keep it manageable for occasional towing. If your unsure of dual cp3s call Exergy or another reputable company for an idea on injectors and cp3 mods.Tell them your end goal as well as current fuel and air supply. I'm confident they will steer you in the right direction. If your budget isn't already blown at that point I'd invest in EFI live and have a few tunes made for your driving/ towing and occasional pulling. This is just my .02 I'm far from being a genius

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If you plan to pull with it make sure to buy a turbo that's legal on the class you plan to run too.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I should have my 467/83/.90 up for sale before I leave for training next month. Waiting on its replacement now. I'll let you know.