Need vp44 expertise, please help

Black Ice

c-pop
Over the past several months I seem to have had my share of vp44 problems. I feel pretty knowledgeable on them as i have had lots of practice working on the trucks. In the last eight weeks i have gone through 3 injection pumps. Starting to develop a pattern, i give a call to Chip at blue chip diesel whom i think is one of the best vp44 guys out there. We think something about my truck is causing the pump computers to go out, leaning towards my ecm or wiring harness. The codes im getting are 0215, 0341, 1689, 1690, 1691, and 1698. Hope you guys can help, and might know of possible sources for new/used ecms and harnesses. Open to all suggestions and feedback. Thanks.

no, went from a dragon fire to a hot rod, now on to 2 stockers. Sold the dragon fire, the hot rod and two stock ones have fried computers in about two months, getting expensive.

I just looked and there are 3 or 4 24v engine wiring harnesses on Ebay for around $100

Rick

thanks, ill have to check there, needs to be an 01. not sure if manual or auto matters for the engine harness.

Check all of your grounds? Sounds like a loose connection somewhere constantly triggering on/off Causing the pump to short out.

A friend of my had a edge that killed the psg. Was told to buy a quadzilla as they have a built in surge protection

truck has really been through alot. only has one battery, all sorts of wires been pulled on and tapped. harness been on off couple of time. What all grounds should i check.

have a quad, took it off and sent it in to be checked. Current pump lasted week and a half with no electronics installed.

When the pumps burn, can they tell exactly what happened to the pump? Like what circuit burned, if they can do that then they should be able to help you narrow it down on where to look.

if your wireing harnass is that chopped up you may have found out why its craping your pump out.

yeah, im leaning towards a short or something in the harness. drove the truck today and no check engine light, drives fine. Maybe the pump is still ok.

Change a clutch right before the issue started? Maybe pinched a wire in the bellhousing? or pulled one somewhere?