New 6.0 on the block. let the mods begin

redfishman17

CURRENTLY faster than Dex
Well I have a new baby:

DSC03018.JPG

I know i will be ordering some A-pillar gauges soon... probably ISSPRO

I think I am going to go with a MBRP 4" turbo back...

But i need suggestions on the intake... I loved my AFE stg2 that was on my 7.3 performance and sound were awesome, and the AFE stg 2 for the 6.0 looks pretty sweet too, i will probably go with a pro guard 7 if i go with AFE.... but I was also recommended to get an S&B intake, any thought?

I probably wont get an SCT in the "near" future, but want to get an idea with whos and what tunes to go with, and what everybody's expierience has been with tranny reliability, puking, etc.

NICE truck, harley headlights FTW. yup you need an intake, straight exhaust and an xcal2 from innovative diesel. i have a mac intake on my truck but i wouldnt recommend getting one because the filter it comes with is JUNK, the rest of the kit is nice but u have to spend an extra 60 bucks on a nice filter from K&N.

Do the stage 2 open style. 4'' straight pipe and get your tunes from eric and you will be a happy man. I would also be looking into some arp's and blocking the egr also. Trannys are great, eric tunes them really good. Also I sell alot of the pro dry filters, it is also what I run. I really like how easy they are to clean, and none of my customers have complained about them either.

KR's are some super nice trucks...but I'm not feelin' the Harley heads on there...look out of place to me.

Thanks guys, i will probably get a muffler with my exhaust, for now, if i have the need to go loader i will get the delete pipe.... Also keep in mind, less than a month ago, and only 6 days before i totaled my 2000 f-250 7.3, I was written a $94 for having no muffler. Despite my rebellious nature, im a little gun shy on having no muffler until i get an answer from the judge.

Question about the AFE, does the Progaurd 7 have the inverted cone on the end of the filter like the standard media?

KR's are some super nice trucks...but I'm not feelin' the Harley heads on there...look out of place to me.

I understand what your saying, they look good to me.... but I can see how something might be missing..... now that you said that i will probably spend most of the day tomorrow looking over my truck....:doh: thanks LOL I wonder how the bumper valence would look painted copper, and maybe the tan insert behind the grill either painted black or deleted... thoughts? I still think the HD head lights look better than stock. Heres more of a frontal view

http://powerstrokenation.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=2075&limit=recent

id get the chrome package grill or harley grill for it. i think the 2 tone is whats throwing off the lights cause the red looks GOOD

A Harley grille painted copper with the center left chrome would look real nice IMHO....it would be modded enough to set your truck apart from the others but "stock" enough to not look out of place.

the only reason your upper valance is tan is because the SRW truck have the tan fender flares..the DRW truck don't therefor the have the color coded upper valance. I think it looks good now..but I think it could look better if you were to get a paintable grille( or paint your chrome) and leave the tan inserts there and paint it the copper color..and do a billet upper and lower insert..the pieces not the full cut out. (see pic above LOL) Then if it still doesn't flow well enough paint the upper valance copper and see how that does.

Sweet truck...I give you two weeks and the SCT is loaded up. You better get that thing ready for Moroso. LOL

Call Doug from Direct Injection. His in FTL and does all my tuning. Get his econo tune or ask him about studs.

Thanks guys.... its a bit overwhelming trying to get my ducks in a row in regards to modding a truck from bare scratch.... and figuring out just what money I can allocate..... but I like the challenge :D:D:D:D About to order HIDs and maybe next week a set of gauges and exhaust... take that back, exhaust is coming as soon as Adam gets me a price :poke: :D

Back to the gauges.... what combo do you all suggest for a 3 gauge set up? boost, trans, egt? any other combo?