new clutch

95psd

Well it looks like im going to need a new clutch soon. It's starting to slip in 5th when I have my box on 5x5. Im wondering what you guys are running and what my options are. My truck is in my sig, I do plan on making more pwr.

I want to know how you got the stocker to last? All it took to kill mine was a measly set of 275's :bang

The single disk South Bend units have been very good to me (on 2cnd right now) taking a lot of abuse and keeping on keeping on. I'm about to upgrade to a DD like I should have done two years ago, if you plan to make more than 500HP and abuse it that is the route I would take, with hindsight being 20/20 of course. Take a long hard look at your goals for the truck, THEN choose a clutch that will help you achieve said goals.

It's a LOT easier and cheaper to do it right the first time.

Billysgoat said:
I want to know how you got the stocker to last? All it took to kill mine was a measly set of 275's :bang
QUOTE]
I only drive it 2 days a week.

Clutch

I am gettin ready to put a Valair singleD rated at 550hp 1100ft/lbs. It's alot easier on the wallet than most. It all depends on what you are goin to do with your truck sled pull, drag, tow, or daily driver. I don't pull or tow so a singleD ill work on mine.

vinsane said:
and you drive like a old lady

Now if that is really true a single disk will do just fine, myself, I consider it a bad day on a wet road to NOT get sideways through at least 3 gears LOL LOL

do you wanna go fast or u wanna pull alot of weight?? DDs arent good for speed. if you want you can call me and we can talk ValAir Clutches or give Dan or Kevin a call at our main office in TX.

Nick Lusk
515-231-0963

ValAir
940-325-3145

I would push you towards our full feramic clutch with a heavy duty hub that will hold over 650HP dyno proven.

I can shift my Mitchell just as fast as the rest of the guys I know with singles....not sure if my truck is a fluke or its the clutch. I do know other guys that can't get it out of gear over 2300 rpm....not so good for racing or towing, but killer for pulling a sled.

I'd definitely recommend a Valair clutch
Dan and the guys at Valair definitely know what they are doing and they are great at helping you pick what clutch is for you.
Great price, great service, great clutch, what more can you want?

what about southbend,BD. As far as what im going to be doing with it. I would like to be able to do it all except pulling that's just a little to costly for my blood(for now anyways). I don't tow very often but I still want to keep that option open. I would also like somthing that will suport mods down the road.

I just put my Valair in and so far so good, smooth shifting and holds just fine for street use. :woohoo: *bdh*

Back