New Everything

BrandonB

Just waitin
Im thinking

programmer-SCt X3 custom by IDP

Exhaust-MBRP 4 inch turbo back

Gauges-Edge Insight

does this seem alright?

Im kinda new to the whole performance diesel world, and i really dont want to make a mistake that gonna cost me $500

Im thinking

Gauges-Edge Insight

does this seem alright?

Im kinda new to the whole performance diesel world, and i really dont want to make a mistake that gonna cost me $500

Everything seems alrght but the edge. Not a fan of it and kind of small. The SCT is awesome and Eric at IDP is the best, mbrp is the easy kit to install and Ive installed all of them,

Wait until you break something and it costs you $5,000.

Can't go wrong with SCT and Innovative. I have MBRP and they've been great, except they rusted in 2 years (and I bought the ones guaranteed to never rust) but MBRP stood by their warranty and replaced them free.

Gauges - I'm a fan of the analog variety on my pillar. Some like the electronic ones more. Guess that's personal preference.

Buy yourself a set of head studs when you get the chance, and look into an EGR delete. Both of those combine to make your truck much more reliable (although illegal with the EGR delete). I'd also consider buying an intake elbow with pre-tapped nodes for attaching a PSI gauge or potentially injecting NOS/meth/water.

Wait until you break something and it costs you $5,000.

Can't go wrong with SCT and Innovative. I have MBRP and they've been great, except they rusted in 2 years (and I bought the ones guaranteed to never rust) but MBRP stood by their warranty and replaced them free.

Gauges - I'm a fan of the analog variety on my pillar. Some like the electronic ones more. Guess that's personal preference.

Buy yourself a set of head studs when you get the chance, and look into an EGR delete. Both of those combine to make your truck much more reliable (although illegal with the EGR delete). I'd also consider buying an intake elbow with pre-tapped nodes for attaching a PSI gauge or potentially injecting NOS/meth/water.

im making sure i do everything right so i dont break something thats gonna cost me $5000

Im thinking

Gauges-Edge Insight

does this seem alright?

Before you get all excited, ask your dealership if they are mod friendly because if you have issues later on that are covered by warranty, they may not warranty it after the mods. If you no longer have warranty and have the skills to repair, keep saving your $$$ then cuz you will need it. :bang

There's nothing wrong with the Edge Insight. It's the same as my MSD DashHawk. If you do get it, make sure you get the EGT probe kit. You will be able to monitor most of the things you need to monitor until you go bigger. I've been running my DashHawk for a couple years and it's done well. I just added some ISSPRO Performax gauges (HPOP, Fuel PSI, Boost, EGT) and will use the DashHawk to monitor the Coolant Oil and Trans temps, and the voltage. I like it because you can have it setup to change the screen different colors when a PID you are monitoring gets outside of a set range. So if my temp gets too hot or my volts drop, it flashes yellow then red.

I like the edge evo which is the same size as the insight, because of the fact it is small and does not stick out. You can mount it in various places that won't scream my truck is hopped up and look at what you can steal. Don't get me wrong I would love to have gauges that mount above mirror. But I made the $479 mistake with the evo which is about the same price as gauges so I deal with it.

X2 on the pyro probe the only other thing is that with the edge you get your choice of what you want to monitor easily through the diag port, you don't have to figure out where the senders go and where to run all the cables. If you are not mechanically inclined.

im making sure i do everything right so i dont break something thats gonna cost me $5000

Non of us set out to break anything either, it's just the nature of the game. When these motors go they go big, just consider this fair warning lol:shake:

You list looks good, I know plenty of people running the Insight as their gauges although I am a fan of the Pillar Mounted gauge. I would suggest just buying a set of ARP studs from Brown's Diesel and holding on to them in case of a rainy day. It never hurts to be prepared.