New "farm truck" Project

Thanks bro!
And I know; but when you tell someone that it's deep molten red and silver they say "oh, that's purple!" :doh:

Should this be of any concern?

And stock tips.

Also tinkered with the pump this past weekend and found some power. Little smoky for my taste, just a reason to get a bigger turbo. Truck runs 50 times better than it did before.. Hooked the 1000 gallon nurse tank full of water to it and went for a drive. Top end is pretty impressive and I'm pretty sure egt's are really hot at low rpm and I found the limits to the stock clutch.

red sleeper, You really need a pyro at least with the pump turned up towing. I can get 1200 on mine empty pulling hills with stock inj. and lagmaster 21cm housing so you are probably running hott!!!!

I have no doubt in my mind it's running hot, especially doing hard 4th gear pulls. :evil:
I have an egt gauge, just have to take it off another truck. I have a HE351 sitting on the bench that I'm going to put on.. And I'm still trying to learn the pump, have yet to figure out a way to turn the star wheel on it.

I nominate you just go ahead and toss it in the chevy.....I heard that modification alone is good for 150 hp :lolly: (not that I am bias)

Cool little tinker toy though, some times those are the fun toys!!

Thanks bro. Not sure on hp but I know I don't have that much out of it yet.. Hell the way that old 6.2 paper weight is going in that 86 chevy it might not make the winter.
This ol' Dodge might get a bail spear sooner than later.

Bump on question in post #26

Last edited:
You may have to GENTLY pry/push on the little retaining tab to get it unstuck from the grooves on the starwheel. If i remember correctly you need to keep pressure off the retaining tab to be able to turn the starwheel counter clockwise.

Bit of an update. Haven't done much to the truck other than maintenance and collect parts for it. It currently serves as the water hauling truck on the farm. 700 gallon tank mounted on the bed and it pulls a 1000 gal nurse tank.

Bought some used rubbers to replace the completely worn out rubbers.

Made some wheel spacers to fit the newer and wider rubbers.

How it currently sits, minus the nurse tank.

Looks like it has a reman pump judging by the color. That's a good thing since it's likely got less mileage than the truck itself. I assume you turned in the fuel screw some? Definitely bring that starwheel up to limit pre-boost fueling. It'll actually light the charger sooner once you find the sweet spot of the AFC. Go over the intercooler hump hoses as well. They tend to crack and, at best, will slow spool-up; at worst, limit overall boost and send egts higher than they should be for a given setup. I think, for what you're doing with the truck, a cranked pump and the he351 will be a killer and reliable setup. Keep us posted!

Back