new from Texas (5+ years ago)

Not bad Pinkster. You've graduated college biology. Now here's one for you.

Can you tell me how to solve an ordinary differential equation such as:

y'+P(x)y=Q(x)y to the nth when n does not equal 1 or 0.

Solve for M.

Good Luck. :evil

Edit: that is ochem, not biology! SO HA! Even bigger win for me since 1) I hated ochem and 2) I haven't had a formal class in 4+ years!

I'm pretty sure you know where you can stick that! :) You know better than to bring that nonsense around here! :stab:

That's because you were wearing it. lol

:eek:wned: LOL

Last edited:
Edit: that is ochem, not biology! SO HA! Even bigger win for me since 1) I hated ochem and 2) I haven't had a formal class in 4+ years!

I'm pretty sure you know where you can stick that! :) You know better than to bring that nonsense around here! :stab:

Wrong! Technically that is physics. There are only two kinds of science: Physics and Biology, everything else is a sub-science.

C'mon. Try the math problem. It's one that real diesel folks know very well. I will give you a hint...think turbos.

Last edited:
Wrong! Technically that is physics. There are only two kinds of science: Physics and Biology. Everything else is a sub-science.

C'mon. Try the math problem. It's one that real diesel folks know very well. I will give you a hint...think turbos.

LOL I was wondering if you'd correct that! ;)

But seriously, math and I don't mix. I know what it is referring to, and I'd rather just let it sit there. :)

1. divide by Y to the nth
2. transform into a linear first-order differential equation by changing the variables to:

w=1/Y to nth-1
w'=((1-n)/(y to nth)) (y')

3. Substitute the w and w' for y and y'

4. solve using the integrating factor of e

M(x)=e(1-n)P(x)dx

I think that's right???

1. divide by Y to the nth
2. transform into a linear first-order differential equation by changing the variables to:

w=1/Y to nth-1
w'=((1-n)/(y to nth)) (y')

3. Substitute the w and w' for y and y'

4. solve using the integrating factor of e

M(x)=e(1-n)P(x)dx

I think that's right???

That's what mine looked like when I tried working it out. I hate math, so I honestly don't know...

WHAT is GOING ON!

We are being science nerds, YOU started it! :poke:

This is what I need right now...

C8H10N4O2.jpg

Last edited:
Schidt...I have an IV drip of Mt Dew all day long. :D

My boobs are almost gone too! At least I quit smoking again so they won't sag no more. :hehe: 14 days today! And...I haven't killed anyone yet!

How did I ruin it? I was simply pointing out a fact most young women should be aware of. lol

Schidt...I have an IV drip of Mt Dew all day long. :D

My boobs are almost gone too! At least I quit smoking again so they won't sag anymore. :hehe: 14 days today! And...I haven't killed anyone yet!

:rockwoot: YAYYYYYY for quitting smoking! I am so proud of you!

Moobs are not a subject I ever want discussed in here again, capiche?

How did I ruin it? I was simply pointing out a fact most young women should be aware of. lol

Mushy was supposed to figure out what it was! :stab:

LOL you would... thanks for the PSA! :doh: