new from Texas (5+ years ago)

Can I let y'all in on a dirty pleasure??

126f05e9.jpg

I hate to admit it, but I like it. LOL

Anyone that goes from a 3rd. Gen. or older Dodge to a Ford Super Duty likes it regardless of the engine:stab:.

I like the 6.2 gas, so far. You couldn't give me a 5.4 or v10.

One complaint I have so far......this thing is impossible to drive in sand without the rear end hopping something horrible.

One complaint I have so far......this thing is impossible to drive in sand without the rear end hopping something horrible.

Mine does that . Friggin hate it :doh:

iPhone Tapatalk

My previous 06 with 5.4 did it, but only under hard throttle. This one is impossible. I'm going to build some traction bars if new tires don't help.

I hate the 5.4L Triton V-8...so gutless. Ive driven two Expeditions with the 5.4L, a 2009 and a 2006, both nice vehicles, but gutless.

My dads friend has a Excursion with the V-10. Its a pretty nice motor (gets the job done, decent torque for a gasser) and it gets about 15MPG cruise straight highway which I thought was damn good.

You tried the 6.7L Powerstroke Fords yet man? Swole was impressed with Aaron's deleted 6.7L Ford.

My previous 06 with 5.4 did it, but only under hard throttle. This one is impossible. I'm going to build some traction bars if new tires don't help.

My 03 does that under hard throttle and on MI roads...god damn I thought something was going to break the first time I hammered it on some super pot holey roads..

If I got a new stroke it would remain 100% stock. I thought about it, but my 04 is just about paid off. I think I'm going to enjoy minimal bills for awhile. :D

The hopping has actually caused the rear suspension to feel sloppy. You can feel it kinda bumping when it loads and unloads coming to and leaving a stop. I'm going to take it by the dealership when I have time and have them check it out.

One thing I really like about this truck is that it has the electronic locking rear.

Mine hopped badly before I put new shocks on the truck. Now it is non existent.

The 6.7ls are nice.. Debating tryin too pick one up here in the near future.. Dealer hear is offering some nice incentives (10k off, guaranteed financing) but I dunno if i really want to trash a 50K dollar truck, using it as a work truck in the woods..

Isn't that a 2011?

iPhone Tapatalk

No.

Mine hopped badly before I put new shocks on the truck. Now it is non existent.

I've had some pretty serious wheel speed in 2WD on all kinds of surfaces. Always been pretty smooth.

Either the truck needs shocks or something in the rear suspension isn't right. Could be tires too though like you're sayin nasty.

Back