New head results

Rushing to help a guy make a race, data delayed a week. The good news, just a small port job and playing with valve angles yeilded just over 275cfm at higher lifts but at the lower lifts we are eclipsing what a max ported 24v head might flow with an individual runner and larger valves!

Look at the indy head. Comes in aluminum or billet steel. 1 pc. Valve cover 2.06" inconel intake valves larger ports...flows over 300 cfm a minute

Look at the indy head. Comes in aluminum or billet steel. 1 pc. Valve cover 2.06" inconel intake valves larger ports...flows over 300 cfm a minute

CFM a minute? Do you always say things twice, or just after you saw the price of the Indy head??

Chris

A maximum flow number at .xxx" lift is not the best way to speak of a head and does little to describe how it will produce power. Also heads that flow 300 cfm@ .800" lift will probably not work that good for street engines. A port designed for 5,000+rpm and maximum flow will fall short on the street and will most likely be lazy. Velocity, swirl and low lift numbers when accounted for, although not as flashy as 300CFM per minute;) will work together to make horsepower. So it comes down to this flashy high lift numbers or Horsepower.

Zach

If u can't figure out what I mean then you must be as brilliannnnt as me ;)

Maybe this was answered somewhere I didn't see, but are you using press in or integral valve seats with this? Are the valves larger than stock?

Nice looking piece, I look forward to more info on how it performs.

Maybe this was answered somewhere I didn't see, but are you using press in or integral valve seats with this? Are the valves larger than stock?

Nice looking piece, I look forward to more info on how it performs.

Valves are.100" longer to allow the big cams with high ratio rockers. Both the intake and the exhaust have a 45 degree seat with both valves being back cut. The seats are integral and are induction hardened.

We got Joel ready for DPC so now we are back on the heads. Stay tuned

Zach