New Heads on the way

Sprman

Stock SUCKS!!!!
Truck started smoking white smoke the other day like crazy..... Dropped the truck off at Power Stroke Magic. They tore it down on Sunday and today, lifted the cab and all that jazz. Found the area around the #3 cylinder blown and full of coolant... Heads look like crap. Ordering new heads tomorrow. Gonna delete the EGR while it's apart. Should be back on the road in about a week!!!

DSC01575.jpg

DSC01573.jpg

DSC01576.jpg

That sucks about your truck breaking down on you. Although, atleast you stopped and fixed the problem unlike some and then blame the 6.0 for their Own stupidity. Good luck on the truck!

Old girl never left me stranded. made it all the way to the shop smoking like a freight train. I knew it was just a matter of time before something happened. It's been a hard 120,000 miles on the truck so far, and i'm not close to being done with it.

Liberator performance 0-ringed heads are being ordered today!!:Cheer:

Well.... now i'm not buying any, didn't like the bs core charge... We found a race shop here in town that have done the heads on the shops race cars and gonna have them machine everything down and check everything. Might or might not do the 0-rings.

I have not had much luck with them. I have tried a few machine shops and I don't know if there screwing it up or what. We just did a truck that o-rings heads from one of the main diesel aftermarket companies making them and they didn't really do that good of a job. I can say for certain all of the trucks we have done with studs and normal HG's all have not come back for repeat work.

So....your not buying any heads....interesting.
The days of plugging cracked heads are over.
If they are cracked, they are junk.
Unless the cracks are so small, they can be removed by installing a hardened seats.
I hope you have better luck then most.

Ended up ordering new heads. I'd rather have new parts that will last another 100,000 miles than re-use some that have failed twice...