New here but have quite the complaint about empire diesel

Blackmaxlbz07

Ok for starters I have read a lot of threads on here in the past an finally joined. My major complaint is a little drawn out but I can't seem to ever get ahold of anyone at empire diesel. I broke the crank in my truck a while ago and have been slowly building it and pulled the trigger on buying a alt firing camshaft. EDP(Chad) was super nice at first. My debit card was charged on 2-28-14 and I still have yet to receive my camshaft!! I sent in my wiring harness to have it modified and the turn around time was fast on that. After about a week when my harness came back I decided to call and see where my camshaft was. So I call and wait for chad to get on the line and I get told that they sent my camshaft to my builder a while ago. Which I never knew about or approved. So I call my builder up and this guy is a one man shop an a super nice guy, he doesn't have my camshaft all he received from EDP was a camshaft for another guys duramax that is a sled puller which was a custom ground camshaft. So I was a little agitated at this point but chad promised to get it worked out. I wait a few days and call back again, chad isn't available and some lady tells me they are working things out with ups and they will let me know what's going on within 48 hrs. I get no callback. So I call again and ask for chad since I have been dealing with him since day one, he "isn't available" another person is on the line and tells me that the package was signed for but they for know by who and they will let me know what they are going to do about this whole thing. I again get no call back so I call AGAIN. Chad isn't available AGAIN, I now am at the point where some other guy tells me they are "rushing" to have one made for me and it'll be about another week, week and a half. That was over 2 weeks ago, so I call yet AGAIN Thursday, and ask for chad I tell them who I am, I wait for about 10 minutes on hold then I get told "I can't find chad anywhere in the shop right now" and that he has my number down and they will call me back because this person apparently knows nothing about my situation, EDP HAS NEVER EVER CALLED ME BACK NOT ONCE!! I'm pretty frustrated at this point having PAID for a part 3 MONTHS AGO and I still have no part! And they keep giving me the run around, and this isn't the only case of this happening a few other people have had this same issue that I'm going through. Btw hi and my name is Jason Thompson from northeastern Indiana. :)

Sent from a truck somewhere in the US

Last edited:
Welcome to buying pulling parts. No Limit makes their cams IIRC.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I first read about this on another forum, sorry this has happened. Durallymax, you said "Welcome to buying pulling parts". Is this the norm when buying from this crowd?

Welcome! Never dealt with Empire but very curious to see the outcome!

Glad to see you posted over here. I followed your thread on DD. You're remaining quite calm compared to how outraged I would be.

Welcome to buying pulling parts. No Limit makes their cams IIRC.

I don't think that's quite accurate with my story this isn't just some waiting game, I paid for a camshaft and got charged 2-28 and it's now 5-18 and I keep getting excuses. That's not good business at all

Glad to see you posted over here. I followed your thread on DD. You're remaining quite calm compared to how outraged I would be.

Well for one I'm very outraged just not making my comments about how I truly feel which isn't very pleasant lol. Plus it's my birthday weekend and the woman told me to drive my car and she surprised me by taking me to the drag races in Milan Michigan, didn't run my car tho. Then to cabelas to buy me fishing stuff for my canada fishing trip in June so it's hard to get me angry this weekend lol

I first read about this on another forum, sorry this has happened. Durallymax, you said "Welcome to buying pulling parts". Is this the norm when buying from this crowd?

In my experience from the tractor world yes. This time of year you will wait until next winter from some guys. Many know you will wait though. At the same time I can understand performance is not a very stable business so investing a lot in overhead, inventory and employees is risky. If you aren't loosing too much business and your parts speak for themselves you can kind of do what you want.

None of this applies to Empire, I've talked to them once but never done business with them nor have I followed any one else business with them.

Also doesn't apply to No Limit. The owner came from making pulling parts but started his own business doing machine work for industrial stuff and some engine parts as well. Just in case that's what someone thought I meant from "tractor world". Never done business with him either but have with his relatives.

As for this guy's cam though, there's other options so they can't afford to act this way. I know they claim everyone copied them, but whining and chest thumping does get you far. Greggy supposedly put diesel performance on the map 10 years ago and still thumps his chest about it, look at how far he's gotten.... LOL.
There are delays but you don't make promises you can't keep. Just be honest. It's a cam, not an entire engine. If they loose the cam sale because they can't deliver but they save face by being honest, they won't have negative reviews and maybe later the customer will still return. Ignoring calls and such is not a good way to go about it though yet it's all too common.

Not to doubt anyone, but we only know one side of the story. I don't know you from Adam nor do I know empire from eve. No comments have been made by them so who knows. Things like this have happened before and once the other side comes out it gets interesting. Again not doubting anyone but not taking any sides.

In my experience from the tractor world yes. This time of year you will wait until next winter from some guys. Many know you will wait though. At the same time I can understand performance is not a very stable business so investing a lot in overhead, inventory and employees is risky. If you aren't loosing too much business and your parts speak for themselves you can kind of do what you want.

None of this applies to Empire, I've talked to them once but never done business with them nor have I followed any one else business with them.

Also doesn't apply to No Limit. The owner came from making pulling parts but started his own business doing machine work for industrial stuff and some engine parts as well. Just in case that's what someone thought I meant from "tractor world". Never done business with him either but have with his relatives.

As for this guy's cam though, there's other options so they can't afford to act this way. I know they claim everyone copied them, but whining and chest thumping does get you far. Greggy supposedly put diesel performance on the map 10 years ago and still thumps his chest about it, look at how far he's gotten.... LOL.
There are delays but you don't make promises you can't keep. Just be honest. It's a cam, not an entire engine. If they loose the cam sale because they can't deliver but they save face by being honest, they won't have negative reviews and maybe later the customer will still return. Ignoring calls and such is not a good way to go about it though yet it's all too common.

Not to doubt anyone, but we only know one side of the story. I don't know you from Adam nor do I know empire from eve. No comments have been made by them so who knows. Things like this have happened before and once the other side comes out it gets interesting. Again not doubting anyone but not taking any sides.

All I have wanted to do was put this engine together I can assure you everything I've explained is valid. I wouldn't be making this public if there was a missing hole in the story as my builder uses them quite frequently and spoke highly of them. So for them to supposedly send my cam to him but send the wiring harness back to me makes things real fuzzy. Then to come up with some excuse as to why I don't have it yet is ridiculous. Also I never have gotten a call back from them when they have said they would call back and the person I always get put on the phone with is someone who "knows nothing" this would be totally different too if they would have waited to charge me. If anyone would have paid in full for a part 3 months ago and still not received it they would probably be a lot worse at this point

Im in the same boat with EDP, I asked them for a refund last Monday at 10 am, I still have no refund, I also asked them to OVERNIGHT my wiring harness back last Monday and charge my card for the shipping.....I still have no harness as well.

If you pay with a credit card they will get your money back usually.

Sad to hear.

It is really unethical for any business to charge your card beforehand. That in and of itself would have had me pretty pissed. Even if they shipped the part a week later. You charge when the customer gets his goods/services, or even afterwards (if you are a business). Shipping is considered delivery, so you charge when you make the UPS sticker.

If a moderator reads this, perhaps they could use the COPY function to put the thread in the Vendor's forum.

Shipping is considered delivery, so you charge when you make the UPS sticker.

I agree with Pat. That is horse shyt charging you for parts months in advance. This is why I only do business with a few folks, those that I know and trust and ones that can't ever get banned from Comp D. ;)

Oh, and Welcome to Comp D.

My builder spoke highly of them that's why I decided to choose them and chad was more than helpful and nice on the phone when making my order I never imagined it turning out this way if I in any way thought there was a hole in my story or somewhere where I wasn't accurate I wouldn't have taken it to this point but after time and time again of calling with no answer or call backs or having anyone on the phone that knows about the situation I am at my wits end

Its no camshaft or parts of serious value but i had similar issues with just a billet gauge bracket. I waited almost 3mos for a $75 pre charge.
Every time i would call i'd get a different excuse. There was no contact made to me ever, i was the one doing all the call backs.

Sent from my fphone

If you pay with a credit card they will get your money back usually.

Different cards and payment methods have different limits on how long you can reverse a charge.

This is why charging before delivery is a really crappy thing to do. It removes some of the customer's legal rights.

I'm just wanting to be treated right as a customer and get my parts that I am owed, sure I'm not spending 10k with them but I'm still a paying customer with over 1k in a camshaft there's no reason why I should be treated any different or anyone else for that matter.

Back