New here...kinda

byrdawg

hey all....i signed up a few months back. well i got the new job and ive been saving some money. i just picked up my first real truck the other night. a brand new 06' 2500 CTD SLT4x4. quad cab short bed. its silver and loaded with the thunder road package. im going to lift it in a few months, nothing bigger then 36s. im going to put a single stack on it coming out of the right corner of the bed. i was driving on the highway the other night and i was already at 20mpg at 60 mph. i love this truck! if anyone has any sggestions or advice, im all ears.

I'm sure there will be plety of suggestions.

Welcome to the Site.

Nice ride man! I was in your shoes not that long ago. Lemmie tell ya, the "saving" never ends. Hangin around these boards will cost you money, plain and simple. But you'll never have a better time. :rockwoot:

Is your new beast auto? If so, get some gages, add some fuel, and drive it till the tranny starts to slip and drive you nuts. (all the while saving) Then pop for a tranny. You will fall in love with your truck all over again. Then get a turbo(s), sticks.... $$$$ = :snoop:

Silver eh? Leave your truck with the Amish and you'll pick it up with that single stack, tinted windows, Kore suspension, and a set of 35's on BLACK 20" wheels. A set of subs under the back seats, pullin a 28' toy hauler, and you're off to a good start! $.02

:welcome: -AE

im planning on getting black moto metal rims and 35s or 36s. i just picked up a single 10" infinity refrence sub. i just need to figure out how to wire an amp to the stock head unit. im lookingat a 5.5" suspenion kit, gauges are up there too!